Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to upgrade my stock forks on my 1996 900CR. I would like to just put some SP forks on there if any one has any for sale? I guess it would be nice to be able to adjust them. Any suggestions? I am going on my 3rd set of oil seals; I weigh 200lbs. and would like to quit replacing oil seals. I know there is some Ducati talent on here with the right answer. Pleas help.
Thanks.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: 900SSCR fork upgrade? (airnordica)

I'm selling a set of SP forks soon. Gold valves, sprung for 215 lb rider. 40 to 65 mm caliper adaptors , V2 top triple.
[email protected]

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

hey, i'm no small guy either.....but the corrct springs....could help? you have good tech in your area? Or forced to do your own duc world (which I approve of) ? Unless me or you keep chucking money

without edit....i would retract my statement....and phrase it as "you or I"

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by airnordica »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I would like to upgrade my stock forks on my 1996 900CR. I would like to just put some SP forks on there if any one has any for sale? I guess it would be nice to be able to adjust them. Any suggestions? I am going on my 3rd set of oil seals; I weigh 200lbs. and would like to quit replacing oil seals. I know there is some Ducati talent on here with the right answer. Pleas help.
Thanks.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Both the CR and the SP forks are going to have to be re-sprung and re-valved to work well. The advantage of the SP forks is you have the ability to make small external adjustments in comp & rebound damping, but frankly, most street and trackday guys never touch the clickers anyway. If you want the adjustability, look into the forks Corse955 has offered. If not, and assuming you have Showa forks, have a good suspension shop revalve and respring the CR forks to fit your weight and riding style. If your CR has Boge forks, you're pretty well hosed, as all you can do with those is change the springs and oil.

You can also fit a set of Superbike forks to your Supersport, but it's a bit more work -- new triples (or modify the stockers), front axle, wheel bearings, speedo drive, fender, etc., all have to be changed or modified. At 200 lbs., you're still going to have to have the SB forks revalved and resprung.

If you're going through fork seals, check to see that you don't have a small nick or burr on the slider somewhere.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The seals should last. Im with Mark, there must be a nick or a bent tube?

DO NOT use seals made by "Leak-Proof" they leak everytime.

Assuming that those are Showa forks:

I would checkthe forks you have for tube condition and install a .90 racetech spring with a gold valve using a c-34 stack. You drill a #55 bleed and I think you would find those forks to be quite good.

If they are Marazocci forks I really don't know what can be done. I never have been in those.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, thanks for the quick reply from everyone. All this has helped a lot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts