Speedzilla Forums banner

41 - 60 of 139 Posts

·
WSMC #51, CVRA #51
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I decided I should first mount the bodywork before fitting the front mounts. The front mounts need to be mounted before I can start relocating the electronics and start re-wiring the harness.

These are my old OEM forks Dan Kyle re-valved. I have a newer set of Showas to be sent off for 20mm K-Tech piston kits.

·
WSMC #51, CVRA #51
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #43

The Bracket on the Turn-One Snorkel had to be modified slightly in order to properly fit the Attack Bodywork. I had to move the bracket froward and up. I also decided to use a Dzuse fastener on the front

I was disappointed to find out Akro mis-packaged my full system. The right side mid pipe is incorrect, I have no idea what bike its for but its not for the RC. Good think I had a spare mid I can use. I am working with the vender to resolve the issue but so far they haven't been very helpful.

·
Full Spectrum
2,532 Posts
Looking good Damon.

Couple of points-

That oil cooler is going to be a pain to fit. If you can, trade it for the 2" version.

Second is the forks: unless your SP1 forks are bent, I wouldnt bother with a different revalve. Dan's valving using HMAS is actually as good as these forks are going to get. The real issue with the Showas are the bushings and not the valving. SP1 and SP2 use the same bushing so there is no advantage.

·
WSMC #51, CVRA #51
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Looking good Damon.

Couple of points-

That oil cooler is going to be a pain to fit. If you can, trade it for the 2" version.

Second is the forks: unless your SP1 forks are bent, I wouldnt bother with a different revalve. Dan's valving using HMAS is actually as good as these forks are going to get. The real issue with the Showas are the bushings and not the valving. SP1 and SP2 use the same bushing so there is no advantage.

Yes, the oil cooler is a pain but I think I can make it fit ok. What do you mean by the 2" version, is that 2" wide? Good thing Im not that far from Earls, Im going to need some fittings.

One of the forks is bent.
I agree, Dans valving is hard to beat. The K-Tech stuff seems to have near ideal valving for Willow. Though, I dont have direct knowledge of how well they work in the RC's Showas I do know that every bike that Jeff Stern has put them in, the rider has easily bested their lap times (at Willow). I am very tempted to give them a try. Mark Ledesma also has nothing but good to say about the K-Tech internals he has used.

·
Full Spectrum
2,532 Posts
Yes, the oil cooler is a pain but I think I can make it fit ok. What do you mean by the 2" version, is that 2" wide? Good thing Im not that far from Earls, Im going to need some fittings.

One of the forks is bent.
I agree, Dans valving is hard to beat. The K-Tech stuff seems to have near ideal valving for Willow. Though, I dont have direct knowledge of how well they work in the RC's Showas I do know that every bike that Jeff Stern has put them in, the rider has easily bested their lap times (at Willow). I am very tempted to give them a try. Mark Ledesma also has nothing but good to say about the K-Tech internals he has used.
Jeff does know Willow very well. He should- he has been riding there for 25+ years. I just think you could spend that money better elsewhere, but if you have a bent fork, you need to do something anyway. As I say, the issue with this fork isnt the flow, its the stiction. The cant be fixed with a valving change...

The 2" is the width dimension of the oil cooler. You can look on the Earls website for all of their coolers...I think the ones from the KYAR kit are 13x3 (they may be the Setrab version). The 3" is too wide to fit correctly, at least in my opinion. YMMV.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Seriously D your RC has got to be one of the best ones out there. So simple and classy yet purpose built and serious!:rockon I cant wait to see it all done!

·
WSMC #51, CVRA #51
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)
Seriously D your RC has got to be one of the best ones out there. So simple and classy yet purpose built and serious!:rockon I cant wait to see it all done!
It will be a nice bike when its done but its nowhere near the nicest, thanks for the complements though.

I cant wait for it to be done either!

I just picked up an SPA analog tach and I am working on making a full carbon fiber dash. Nothing super fancy, just a flat carbon panel with the tach, and LED's for MIL, FUEL, TEMP, OIL, and NUTRAL. If there's room Im trying to fit an XT lap timer on the dash as well. I have some sketches I started today. The tach is SWEET! See link Tachometers - Buy Dual Tachometers Online get FREE Mainland UK Carriage
Built in temp display, three LED programable shift lights, progressive scale tach to 12K, backlit and all.

·
Registered
54 Posts
:notworthy
The bike looks amazing so far! Let us know when you'll be running at Willow, I'd love to go up and watch.:wacky

·
750 Posts
Hey there Damon, these pics are looking good.
I've noticed that the thermostat has now been replaced.
I'd be very interested to see what temps will be like without it after you've hooked all the pipework to your frontmounts and got everything running again.
Keep us updated when you can.
Cheers.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Bravo brother.. Nice work!!!

pm sent.

Just got my bike up and running today and did its first test run with the thermostat removed. Once I got on the freeway the temp started dropping. When it got to 145 I slowed down and got the temp back up.

Im not sure how this will translate to race pace, but it should be easy enough to manage with some duct tape over the radiator face.

Stunna

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Hey Damon so did you find out what type of calipers your going to be running with the Ohlins forks? I seen on rogue that you were looking into some sort of axial brembo set up?

41 - 60 of 139 Posts