Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
That's the way all engines should be returned form their respective builders. Unfortunately, we have a slue of sub-par dreamers that think they are some sort of building professional her in the south east. Just because you read a few mags and books on engine dynamics doesn't make you anything but a poorly informed loud mouthed idiot. sigh...not directed at anybody from the site....just a forwarning to others that gets a blow hard spewing a bunch of poo out their mouth about how they know what they are doing or are professional.

If they can't/won't show you proof of their work, allow you to do a walk through of their shop(s), and can't provide, or wont allow, you to speak with past customers about the work they had done.........then don't waste another second.

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
NO, I COULND NOT GET KEVIN AT KNEEDRAGGERS TO EXCHANGE OR REPLACE THE INCORRECT PART!

After 3 months and 15+ phone calls and 10 or so emails with photos including of the packaging labels he kept saying it was out of there hands and it was up to the Parts Unlimited who they got the pipes from. Unfortunately I didn't pay Parts Unlimited, I paid Kneedraggers. I ended up buying the correct piece from Lockhard Phillips and now have a nice spare, to what I have no idea. I was not too thrilled by the lack of customer service to say the least.

Well, guess that ends the hot link to them on my laptop. Will purchase elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
No, Im not sure but in the process of elimination we changed plugs, coils, CDI, ECU, map, baro and 2 types of fuel during testing. It acts like the flame is being blown out but we just cant find anything wrong to cause that. The A/F curve does not show the bike going lean up top but due to the dyno's gas analyzer delay it may not show up under our circumstances.

The only thing that did help was to lean out the A/F to 13.5 or grater also leading toward fuel starvation problem.

I also have reason to think my fuel pump my be marginal but I forgot to take my spare with me.

Are you running one step colder plugs by chance?

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
Update,

Found a new HRC regulator sitting around at a members house (Thanks Jason!). New fuel pump should be in this week. I sent my injectors off to RC Engineering for testing and balancing. I had two injectors in the low 280 range and two in the mid 290's. Now all 4 are 295 or 296. I'm also re-adjusting the valves after break in. The intake valves where a little tight for my liking at .004" and .005" (will be set to .008"). My goal is to have it back to the dyno next week to see if the problem was indeed fuel related. If not, I have more valve springs to try, HRC ECU and a few other goodies.

At the bottom of the RC readout....just what are those numbers correlating to? I understand the 80% duty cycle and the estimated BHP a set of these size injectors is presumed to support, but that whole .65 .55 .50 thing throws me. Can't really makes heads or tails of it which makes me think i'm reading into this the wrong way. Did they explain to you what that all means?

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
Now all you need is a fuel pump map. Would probably be no problem as i think some turbo bikes still use the stock pumps for moderate power increases, but the more you build fuel pressure there comes a break point where the volume tapers off. Don't want to run into running high pressures and end up with a lean out due to decreased volume.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.