Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During a race I saw on Speed last weekend, the announcer said something about world superbikes going down to 800cc next year.

Is that right?

Maybe this is old news.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: 800cc superbikes? (Mental998)

I believe he was refering to the new 2007 MotoGP regulations that were just announced.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: 800cc superbikes? (Loosecannon)

It's for MotoGP for 2007. Sounds like Ducati (already is) & Honda will be producing street versions of their motogp bikes, so they can be raced in WSBK. You watch...WSBK will be the race to watch and not MotoGP!

Modified by viper1 at 1:55 AM 6/10/2005

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: 800cc superbikes? (viper1)

from what i've gathered on the internet (so it's got to be true!) is that all but honda opposed the 800cc rule. rumor has it honda already has a working v3 for the new formula. if that's true, i'm soooooo glad honda is getting their asses handed to them soundly this year. ama, wsbk, motogp, f1, etc etc

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: 800cc superbikes? (slowpoke)

You heard it here first......I understand Ducati Corse has been working for quiite sometime on a 800CC version of the desmosedici. I also understand there is a 600CC street bike in our future (more than likely of the V4 variety).

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: 800cc superbikes? (TripleDuck)

should have gone with a 750.... maybe they can sell more 749s that look like motogp bikes... just wondering....

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: 800cc superbikes? (doughboy_748r)

Where are you guys getting the dirt on Ducati's street going 600cc V4 bike?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: 800cc superbikes? (hubert)

hubert....I got it from a friend who has a close relationship with Ducati Italy. He told me of the Desmosedici street bike nearly a year before the official anouncement.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts