Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
Because making the bike perform better than it does stock is fun.

and when it performs better than stock your margin of error that is perceived goes up. (placebo effect)

·
Registered
408 Posts
I agree, hence when I raced I only ever did the front suspension and an exhaust, on both my SV650 and 03zx6rr. But by having key items will drop times on an average racer/track guy. lighter wheels will make you faster but I dont think they are really worth the $$$$ that they cost, but if I could get a set for cheap then why not. Plus, it is nice to have some bling bling!

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
very true ive seen bikes on here full of the best of kit only to see the fattest of chicken strips on their tyres lol
I agree, I've made the same observation here many times. But I'm guilty as well. I may not have chicken strips, but there are many with more technical ability. As said, it does make the bike better if you have a modicum of skill. It's also nice to look at a bike that's properly done up and know it's yours.

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
So......why spend huge $$ thinking performance things are gunna make ya a faster & better rider ?
God Brett...I am truly flattered... knowing I am in the top % is truly a strain on my ego.:cool:

Every ride the same thing street or track !!! gear-up !!!

Roll out of hot-pit or her bedroom / set the tire pressures / hydrate and carbo load / key the fuel pump / light the motor pull the tire warmers / give the helmet strap one last tug / FOCUS :cool:

Have my umbrella girl drop the rearstand ;)

SNICK 1st gear release the lightly pulling brembo clutch master visualising the blue audi brake fluid pressurising the speigler ss hose feel the clutch plates engage bounce on the pegs feeling the oh so supple ohlins bounce back sit down tuck and check foot position !!!

GAME_ON !!!

Attachments

·
tough as sardines
196 Posts
meh, I'd say 80% of people ride at 20% of their bike's capacity regardless of what they're on, the RC is no different.

That's why there are so few folks who actually get paid to race a bike, even at the highest levels. If putting the same equipment on my bike that a racing team would run makes me less of a rider - oh well! At least whoever sold it to me probably made a buck or two. :D

·
Registered
269 Posts
meh, I'd say 80% of people ride at 20% of their bike's capacity regardless of what they're on, the RC is no different. <I would agree with this, at any members arguement...

Dasrider>"If putting the same equipment on my bike that a racing team would run makes me less of a rider" > Then Myself, I am the variable that must be improved to the best ability possible..
I could live with that..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.