Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have a 2001 748 all stock. Looking for some options on exhaust. I know the obvious answer, aftermarket. But I also remember seeing someone(I think they were on this forum) that modified your stock exhaust. I remember looking through their website, but I can't seem to find their info now. I have tried the search feature with no luck. Anyone know who I am talking about?

Also, any options with the cats? I know you can knock them out. But will that help with the heat in your butt?

Are these options wise? Should I just suck it up and dish out the cash for an aftermarket system?

Thanks in advance!
Nick

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: 748 Exhaust options..... (n737nc)

We have Termignoni slip ons for $600, you can't beat that

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that is the obvious option. And an excellent price. But, I would still be left with my cats in place. Any opinions on removing the cats?

Nick

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
search google for "ducati pipe mod" and you should be able to find everything you're looking for.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: 748 Exhaust options..... (n737nc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by n737nc »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Should I just suck it up and dish out the cash for an aftermarket system?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes.

Call up 'ole Jason and go with the Termi's Nick, you won't regret it. I have the same bike ........

.......... and I put the Termis on some time back. You can throw 'em on yourself, it's easy.

And the sound, man.

Also, I have to plead ignorance .......... cats on a '01 748? This is news to me. Did I pull off cats when I pulled my stock exhaust off? I don't think I did. I pulled off the old cans and the Termis 'slipped' right on.

Also, if she's all stock, a few more bits to really help wake up the bike:

- Light flywheel (I put in a Nichols)
- Go up a few teeth in the back (38 to 40). This you should do if nothing else.
- If you have a spare quite large pile of cash, Marchesinis make a huge difference to the way the bike turns.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
James, thanks for the pic! The bike looks awesome! Same color as mine also

Cats are located in the enlarged portion of the exhaust pipe, just beside your right peg. If you just did a set of slip on's, then your cats are still there. Half system and full system both get rid of the cats.

Good looking bike! The carbon fender and airbox really makes the bike look awesome!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a full 50mm akrapovic exhaust that I'm going to be selling make an offer if that's what you are wanting.

I don't think the older bikes 748/9x6 have cats. I know the pipe you are talking about but they are empty on the inside.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dipdm, I just sent you an email. Please let me know.

Thanks,
Nick

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: (n737nc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by n737nc »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">James, thanks for the pic! The bike looks awesome! Same color as mine also

Cats are located in the enlarged portion of the exhaust pipe, just beside your right peg. If you just did a set of slip on's, then your cats are still there. Half system and full system both get rid of the cats.

Good looking bike! The carbon fender and airbox really makes the bike look awesome!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks, man. The bike currently looks just like that, except for the Marchesinis I added.

You know, I had the pipes ceramic coated recently and I saw the inside of the crossover, and saw just a perforated sleeve. I didn't think anything of it. I honestly didn't know what that was. Duh.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re:

There are no cats on a 748. Any new or used slip-on will sound *MUCH* better than the stock cans, with Vance and Hines sounding by far the best of any I've heard. I don't think they sell them anymore, though.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Re: (JeffKoch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JeffKoch »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">...with Vance and Hines sounding by far the best of any I've heard. I don't think they sell them anymore, though.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree...I had them on my 748 for awhile and they sound awesome. I sold them and put an Arrow Ti half-system on though.

Modified by moomba at 5:12 AM 8/1/2005

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Re: (quickdraw)

Im thinking of doing that. Does it sound great? Any negative effects of doing this? Thanks

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: Re: (Venomized)

I put the Arrow carbon Fiber slip-ons on my 748. Great product!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: Re: (Venomized)

I have a set of Strati cored cans laying around collecting dust if anyone is interested...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I cored some stock mufflers - cost hardly anything and provides the same power as any 45MM slip-on, cos they're practically identical internally to the slipons, except in ouyward appearance. Sounds good too!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts