Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A local fabricator is building a one piece aluminum water reservoir tank for my 996R to fit in the original location.

He made a billet filler neck that will be welded to the box so there will be no chance of leaking.

I can ask him to make a few extra after I get the first prototype finished and test fitted on my bike. Let me know of you are interested.

·
Quack for Ducs
155 Posts
A local fabricator is building a one piece aluminum water reservoir tank for my 996R to fit in the original location.

He made a billet filler neck that will be welded to the box so there will be no chance of leaking.

I can ask him to make a few extra after I get the first prototype finished and test fitted on my bike. Cost will be under about $160 if we can get enough of people interested. Let me know of you are interested.
I'm in

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Gotchas

Assuming there are no frame differences in that area between your 996R and my 748 I am in for one.

I have pissed away enough money on my 748 what is another $160 for some peace of mind.

·
Premium Member
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Assuming there are no frame differences in that area between your 996R and my 748 I am in for one.

I have pissed away enough money on my 748 what is another $160 for some peace of mind.
We are fit checking the prototype on a 748, 996 and 998 as well - so we should be good.

-M

·
Premium Member
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tank should be completed by 4/20 if no changes have to be made.

Here is a picture of the completed billet filler neck that will be welded into the reservoir.

-M

·
Premium Member
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
We have had over a dozen requests so far...so I put it up on the Motowheels website so anyone that is interested can pre-order.

CNC FABRICATION Coolant Tank: 748 / 916 / 996 / 998

Projected ship date is mid May.

Tanks will be slightly polished

Return line is configured exactly the same as the original tanks.

There will be provisions for the air pressure sensor mount

All tanks will be pressure tested before they ship.

I'll update this thread as we are checking fit and testing.

-M

·
Premium Member
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here is an updated picture.

We fit tested this on several bikes...they will be pressure tested and shipped to us next week.

-M

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.