Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well being i am seriously looking to buy another bike, this bike has been on my mind since its release.
With the 2009 being upgraded wtih some more power, rpm, lighter weight and even better brakes, i am thinking now is the time especially being they are going for $7,xxx new.

Can anyone give me more info on the bike, previous owners, current owners, if your ridden one?
track info would really be appreciated.

looking at a 2009 daytona, and well i am planning on trackdays and occaisional street riding.

·
Registered
757 Posts

·
Can Afford To Be Critical
1,852 Posts
Pretty much bullet proof and lives up to the all the hype the bike magazines give them. Haven't had anything break in 15,000 km and valves hold their adjustment.

I've "Raceteched" the forks and shock and replaced the rear spring on a 2006 which made an immense improvement on an already great handling bike. I've got a BRM titanium exhaust (Japan) which is not too loud but so much lighter than stock. Pulled 108hp. SBS pads made a great difference. If you're going to track the bike, you should look into a manual cam chain adjuster.

I also powder coated the wheels and engines casings black. That bronzy-brown colour they came with is hideous.

Bike is comfortable over short and long distance. I've not heard of anybody unhappy with their 675 but I may lead a sheltered life. :D

Buy it - you'll like it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a 07 that is my street bike. 4500 miles or so. No issues (Knocking on wood). Plenty of power through out the powerband, pulls well from low rpm to high. This being my first non twin I'm pleased with the preformance. The howl of the triple makes me smile.
Comfortable to commute on (150 miles R/T). Handles fine, I had the factory suspension set to my weight and that has helped. Brakes are fine.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Took mine (09) this past week-end at the Mosport track here in Canada, mind you it is a track-only bike with the appropriate mods (read suspension upgrades), and it rocked :rockon

I was geared too short for the back straight there but the bike held the abuse just fine and pulled all the way up to the rev limiter (in 6th gear, not saying it is good though, wish I had a small rear sprocket). No worries with keeping up with the bigger bikes (read 848, 749, etc...).

I'd recommend that bike to anyone, friend of mine was hooked when he tried it there too (he has a ZX9R and was really impressed by the motor).

Alexis.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts