Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two new Michelin Pilot Powers ruined in less than a week! Friday morning I check on my bike and there is a finish nail stuck in my rear tire. I install another tire Saturday. I go for a short ride today and there is another puncture in my newest tire and a hole in my hugger from where it hit. I got 400 miles out of tire #1 and 120 from tire #2. F*cking contractors and their nail spreadin pickup trucks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that sucks man. i bought a new gixxer a couple years ago and on my way home with it i picked up a nail in the rear tire. so i can imagine how you feel.

on a related story, i was a freeway the other day on my way to work and a nail truck, truck w/ a bunch of nail in the bed, wrecked and spreed thousands of nail over the road. fire dept had to shut it down until they could clean up the mess. there was 4-5 trucks on the side of the road that had all for tires blown out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (Walenut)

I have saw hundreds of plugged tires on ebay. I doubt they would go on my bike but it could help you with some funds.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I resorted to a mushroom plug when a nail lodged into the center thread of the 500 mile tire on my old bike. It held up pretty good. No leakage or anything. I'd have it done again if need be, depending on the location of the puncture and the freshness of the tire.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: %&[email protected]#**!!! (Start2Fabrication)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Start2Fabrication »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">patches don't fail 99% of the time... and I sure wouldn't let two new tires go to waste
</TD></TR></TABLE>

+1

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: %&[email protected]#**!!! (kell749)

K&L cycle supply offers packages of patch/plugs that i use regularly in punctures around here, i will refuse to patch/plug a tire that's past it's service limit though...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

I just did a beauty of an inner radial tire patch. Cleaned with ozone destroying solvents, carefully abraded with a clean sanding drum on my flex shaft grinder, glue applied, patch applied, then mashed the sh!t out of it to remove air bubbles. We shall see...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kell749 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I think they should be banned
from using the roads.

Can anyone tell me what
means ? </TD></TR></TABLE>

its..read the f**cking manual!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts