Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine is picking up a 2005 600RR in a couple months. Exhaust and powercommander are first on the list. Moriwaki and Arata are a couple of options he's looking at. Anyone have any experience with exhausts on this bike? He's looking for a good compromise between price and power. (No custom HRC jobs....)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: 600RR Exhaust (V-Twin Power)

Tell that poser puff to get an Ohlins shock & fork re-work first

Then go for the ARATA

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 600RR Exhaust (LDH)

How about a good helmet and a full set of leathers first then start pimping out the bike.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: 600RR Exhaust (LDH)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LDH »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Tell that poser puff to get an Ohlins shock & fork re-work first..</TD></TR></TABLE>

+1

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: 600RR Exhaust (Giannis)

i got a yoshimura full system with pc3r for my 1000rr for under a grand if that helps?

fit was good, sound is decent, parts are available, price was perfect, IMO it looks OK as well. I doubt it makes the most HP, i doubt it makes the least, but i bet it will improve nicely over stock

i should be getting a map this spring, we will see if i can trek both my bikes up to Guru's place. I am running a modified arata map now which i like better than the akro map i ran to start. i feels pretty tasty now so i am pondering whether i should fix something not broke

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've got an 03 with M4 Ti. I also highly recommend and have the K-Tech 25 mm fork internals as well as an Ohlins triple with K-tech valving.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (Hi-Side)

I now have an 04 with an M4 ti as well with ti midpipe, it's great.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: 600RR Exhaust (sean edgett)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sean edgett »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How about a good helmet and a full set of leathers first then start pimping out the bike.</TD></TR></TABLE>

+1 if he hasn't got the full protective gears yet.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LDH »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Tell that poser puff to get an Ohlins shock & fork re-work first
</TD></TR></TABLE>

+2 if he's set on full protection gears.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: 600RR Exhaust (V-Twin Power)

chrome wheels, spinners.

Seriously, Ohlins would be my first choice.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: 600RR Exhaust (sean edgett)

Thanks for the input. This isn't a first bike for him at all, so yes he's got the leather, helmet, etc... Thanks to those of you who actually had exhaust advice.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So after all these advices....... He's getting the power/squid upgarde first anyway??????

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (Sunny)

If HP and torque are only for squids, have fun on your Vespa.

I agree with him. I can't spend much time on a bike that sounds like a sewing machine. I think we can all agree that it is the rider, not the bike that makes it, for the most part. Come ride with us, then decide who is or isn't a squid.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (V-Twin Power)

so is much better to sound like a bike and handles like a sewing machine

......hhahahhahahahahahhahhhhahah

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re:

A fellow CMRA racer put the full Ti Arata on his '04 CBR600RR. He loved the exhaust and gave a nice bump in power. Personally, I think Arata is arguably the nicest exhaust I've ever seen.

I plan on running a full Ti Arata system next year. Should have it in a few more weeks!

For any racers you know, Lunford's Honda offers Arata's new Racer's Support Program. Ask for Mike Case for more information.

http://www.lunsfordshonda.com/....html

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Re: (Tripod-R)

A friend in CCS had the Arta on his 03. It made good power gains, and held up to some heller crashes too, once the rear tire was compressed into the can, and all it left was a good sized black mark.

Another friend (who rides mostly street) has a L.V. It is waaayyy loud, almost uncomfortable to be behind him. Dont really know anything about the gains with this exhaust tho.

I will be looking for an Arta for my 600RR, when the time is right!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.