Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Track day Queensland style. (kell749)

I am waiting for dave to remove this thread
so I can post pics on the other similar thread

G

·
Discussion Starter #3

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kell749 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am waiting for dave to remove this thread
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Huh?

Just post the pics.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kell749 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am waiting for dave to remove this thread
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Dave drives by my house twice a day. After sitting on the onramp and slugging it out down to his house, the last thing I'd expect him to do is sit behind another computer at home. Besides, we've got a weather alert for 1 1/2" hail so he's probably trying to figure out how to stuff everything he doesn't want smashed into his garage like me.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Track day Queensland style. (Eric Landstrom)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eric Landstrom »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Dave drives by my house twice a day. After sitting on the onramp and slugging it out down to his house, the last thing I'd expect him to do is sit behind another computer at home. Besides, we've got a weather alert for 1 1/2" hail so he's probably trying to figure out how to stuff everything he doesn't want smashed into his garage like me.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually, I was on the bike this evening and I saw some guy on a Husky 510 going south on 35W. Who could that of been?

I've got the bike in the garage, and I positioned the Trooper out at the end of the driveway so if we actually do get monster hail, it will get pummeled.

So, Kell, what seems to be the problem? This stormy weather has my ESP all whacked out, so I couldn't read your mind.

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Track day Queensland style. (Dave)

I posted "Track day Queensland style."by mistake.
Is it possible to remove it.
So I can post my pics on
"Supermoto Queensland Style"
Thank you in advance.

By the way ESP not required.
The ability to read would have been enough.
I have emailed you once.
IM, you once.
And posted This request at least 4 times in different posts
to try to get your attention.

G

·
Discussion Starter #8

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kell749 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I posted "Track day Queensland style."by mistake.
Is it possible to remove it.
So I can post my pics on
"Supermoto Queensland Style"
Thank you in advance.

By the way ESP not required.
The ability to read would have been enough.
I have emailed you once.
IM, you once.
And posted This request at least 4 times in different posts
to try to get your attention.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Us dumb 'Mericans don't always understood.

I never rec'd your e-mail.

I responded to your IM, asking for clarification on whatever you were trying to say. You did not respond.

There are over 390,000 posts on this board. I apologize if I missed your 4. It would also help if you didn't edit those posts before I could read them.

Go ahead and post your pictures, you have another thread started already, use the edit feature and use that post to show us your pics. You can even start a new thread if you wish. If you hadn't posted in this one again, it would be near the bottom of the page and out of sight in no time.

Oh, and don't be an ass.

G

·
Discussion Starter #9

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kell749 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sounds to me like you don`t like the Trooper?</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, it's a piece of dung.

My avatar might elude to this as well.

G

·
Discussion Starter #10

You saw a man on mission going to get more chain lube.

I have full coverage on the red truck, myself. It remains undamaged.

G

·
Discussion Starter #11

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eric Landstrom »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You saw a man on mission going to get more chain lube.

I have full coverage on the red truck, myself. It remains undamaged.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

On your way to Motoprimo?

There are more storms forecasted for this week, maybe we should go storm-chasing?

G

·
Discussion Starter #12

I should have gone to MotoPrimo—especially since it has a twisty back way to get there that avoids all traffic lights but I went to Leo's South.

I don't know why.

Storm chasing is cool. BTW, did you catch Parrie Home Compainion this weekend? Funny stuff on Minnesotians chasing storms.

BTW, I thought I'd pop over to Dakota this weekend since I'm not going up to the lake. Maybe I'll get Darren to pop on some 208GPs while I'm there.

G

·
Discussion Starter #13

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eric Landstrom »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I should have gone to MotoPrimo—especially since it has a twisty back way to get there that avoids all traffic lights but I went to Leo's South.

I don't know why.

Storm chasing is cool. BTW, did you catch Parrie Home Compainion this weekend? Funny stuff on Minnesotians chasing storms.

BTW, I thought I'd pop over to Dakota this weekend since I'm not going up to the lake. Maybe I'll get Darren to pop on some 208GPs while I'm there. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I live about a mile from Leo's, and the new Motoprimo location. I stopped in at Leo's on Saturday to buy some oil. They guy was trying to sell me some BMW branded oil for $10/qt.

Gerg and I will be at DCTC this weekend.

Did I hear you mention at one point that you have experience with heli-coils? I may need to pick your brain. I have a stripped out bolt hole on the 250f and I've never used a heli-coil.

G

·
Discussion Starter #14

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dave »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I live about a mile from Leo's, and the new Motoprimo location. I stopped in at Leo's on Saturday to buy some oil. They guy was trying to sell me some BMW branded oil for $10/qt.

Gerg and I will be at DCTC this weekend.

Did I hear you mention at one point that you have experience with heli-coils? I may need to pick your brain. I have a stripped out bolt hole on the 250f and I've never used a heli-coil.</TD></TR></TABLE>

dave, what other dates are you signed up for for DCTC this year? i have to take the class on July 24th, but am signed up for 5 more thru the rest of the year in the rowdy session. i need some guys on motards to run with. i just switched my motard setup from my KX250 to my YZ450.

what do you need heli-coiled? i have M6, M8, M10(1.25 and 1.5 i think) and M12 kits at work.

G

·
Discussion Starter #15
Re: Track day Queensland style. (cb186)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cb186 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

dave, what other dates are you signed up for for DCTC this year? i have to take the class on July 24th, but am signed up for 5 more thru the rest of the year in the rowdy session. i need some guys on motards to run with. i just switched my motard setup from my KX250 to my YZ450.

what do you need heli-coiled? i have M6, M8, M10(1.25 and 1.5 i think) and M12 kits at work.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm booked for 7/2 and 9/3, I think everything else is full.

I'll likely be making some trips down to Marshalltown, IA for some of their track days. You should come down there and check it out!

I'm pretty sure I need an M6, it's for the bolt that holds in the decomp plug, I stripped out the hole.

G

·
Discussion Starter #16

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dave »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I'm booked for 7/2 and 9/3, I think everything else is full.

I'll likely be making some trips down to Marshalltown, IA for some of their track days. You should come down there and check it out!

I'm pretty sure I need an M6, it's for the bolt that holds in the decomp plug, I stripped out the hole.</TD></TR></TABLE>

here is what i'm signed up for.
7/24/2005 = First Timer
8/13/2005 = Return Rowdy
8/27/2005 = Return Rowdy
9/3/2005 = Return Rowdy
9/17/2005 = Return Rowdy
9/25/2005 = Return Rowdy

i made it out to Cokato for the final practice day. it's alot tighter than i prefer, i like DCTC better, more RR style. what is the Iowa track like?

lemme know if you need the heli-coil done(i have to check and see if i have any M inserts left)

G

·
Discussion Starter #17

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cb186 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

what do you need heli-coiled? i have M6, M8, M10(1.25 and 1.5 i think) and M12 kits at work.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I will be running rowdy 8/13, 8/27, and 9/3. I may have to bow out or trade dates with somebody with the 8/13 date because i just found out that I'm supposed to hit the Bonneville Salt Flats to try to set a land speed record with a dual engine, Indian flathead powered streamliner from August 12th through the 21st.

Dave,

Heli-Coils are easy to use. What size is the bolt you stripped out? I'll see what kits I've got in my toolbox or purhaps CB186 has the right kit. Anyway, I can walk you through the process in your garage.

G

·
Discussion Starter #18

what is the Iowa track like?

lemme know if you need the heli-coil done(i have to check and see if i have any M inserts left)</TD></TR></TABLE>

IIR probably isn't any bigger than Cokato, however it is not nearly as tight.

G

·
Discussion Starter #19

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eric Landstrom »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

.. i just found out that I'm supposed to hit the Bonneville Salt Flats to try to set a land speed record with a dual engine, Indian flathead powered streamliner from August 12th through the 21st. ..

</TD></TR></TABLE>

That is no excuse!

I'll check on the bolt size tomorrow, I'm off to sleep.

G

·
Discussion Starter #20

That is no excuse!

I'll check on the bolt size tomorrow, I'm off to sleep.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I checked my toolbox. The Heli-Coil kits I have are M10x1.5 and M6x1 along with sparkplug kits. Maybe you'll luck out.

Bonnie wise the landspeed thing is my brother's gig. I'd be on observer status unless they have need for a real mechanic or somebody who has chassis set-up experience.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts