Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ol'pig left me walking today for the first time since I bought her. I own a 2000 Rc51 with some where around 18k miles. I got her out today to run to the bank and deposit my check. All was well till on the way home she all of a sudden dropped a cylinder and about 5 sec later died and would not start. It happened after a long mid rpm decell down a hill with a turn at the bottom. I turned the corner and upon accel everything went to crap. I called for a ride and loaded it up. By the time I got it back home (maybe an hour) and unloaded her, she started back up!!! WTF? :wtf. Any ideas? There was a little smoke coming from the exhaust, and some fluid that was seeping from an exhaust joint directly under the foot pegs. I don't think it was oil, maybe fuel. That fluid quickly dried/burnt off and now runs like it always has. What could have possibly gone wrong?:banghead If the thing just quit and did not start back up I could trouble shoot till I find the bad part. Now it's running again and I have no idea what happened.......:wtf:mad:

I recently changed the oil and installed new plugs. I also had just filled with fuel. No FI light. The thing was running great till..........

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
power commander? If so, a poorly routed cable could have been burned by the rear header or pinched by the tank.

If that's NOT the case then try disconecting the PC and cleaning the terminals as corrosion can seap into any little crack.

If no PC then you're ****ed!:woot:

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have a PC2 or 3. I have the Yosh EMS computer. Think it could be the problem?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input guys. I will have something to check in the morning.

·
Registered
149 Posts
ill bet the yosh or a bad battery. had the same thing happen and i had adead cell in my batt. then a internal ground issue on the pc2.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts