Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was chilling at the local *$ yeah yeah but Twotone was there only 10 minutes before well..sitting there a group pulled up sat around and bs a little when one of the riders in his late 20s walked over to my RC and said "yeah that is MY NEXT bike"..all glossy eyed over my new bling bling polished rims
like a kid in a candy story

Me? I was all smiles
she might still be a little on the heavy side but she's all mine

So for what it's worth keep up the good work fellas

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: 5 years but our RC is still going strong!!! (3stripes)

i do every once in a while get the "awesome bike" comments,or thumbs up from people in cars.it's cool when you find those rare people who appreciate the RC's uniqueness,and don't just give you the "why don't you get a GSX-R1000,yo?".
Chris

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 5 years but our RC is still going strong!!! (TeamNextGenChris)

I'm still waitin for some dumb pimple farmin hat askew baggie pant underwear hangin out shit to walk up to me and hand me a pile of cash for mine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: 5 years but our RC is still going strong!!! (weasel)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by weasel »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hat askew</TD></TR></TABLE>
haha!is it just me,or do you also walk around wanting to pull down and straighten the hat of every kid under 20 years old you see?what the hell is the deal with that?when did it become cool to have yor hat look like a retarded person put it on you?
Chris *who now feels better...whew*

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: 5 years but our RC is still going strong!!! (TeamNextGenChris)

It happens all the time to me, People walk up and become breathless, actually start trembling while they mumbel how awsome it looks or other such nonsense. That is just about me and My movie star good looks.

When they see my bike well they are uncontrollable, poor sheeple

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: 5 years but our RC is still going strong!!! (weasel)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by weasel »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm still waitin for some dumb pimple farmin hat askew baggie pant underwear hangin out shit to walk up to me and hand me a pile of cash for mine.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
If you add a 12 o'clock bar? Maybe they just might

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TeamNextGenChris »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i do every once in a while get the "awesome bike" comments,or thumbs up from people in cars. </TD></TR></TABLE> It's better when they show you their boobies

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sp2pilot »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> That is just about me and My movie star good looks.
</TD></TR></TABLE> Hairy, big/tall, and always beating on your chest???.

. I didn't know you where in King Kong , Robert?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Its funny to me because all the people that have stopped me or said anything always have this perception of the RC as a REALLY bad-ass proffesional race bike that is impossible to keep on two wheels. I havent had anyone ask why i didnt get the gsxr, they just stand in awe (especially the guys at the dealerships).
Reminds me of my type R integra. When I first got it it was completely stock, but still I had people actually chasing me down to see it and ask if it was a 'real' type R. And there was always the kid with a gsr who wanted to race.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: 5 years but our RC is still going strong!!! (lokar)

Nothing beats the sound of the gear driven cams.
My neighbors all know which bike is mine and I don't need a loud pipe to let them know. (although there is nothing wrong with a nice set of cans).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I've only had my RC for 5 days and have already had more compliments, questions, and "can i ride it" inquiries than all 3 of my previous bikes combined, its truely different, and even the non riders can appreciate that.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: 5 years but our RC is still going strong!!! (jbowers24)

i've heard people say, "Uh...jap bikes look all the same", but i've never had one person come up to me and ask me what kind of bike i was sitting on. Everyone that was anyone KNEW it was an RC51, and despite being on the heavy side and a little slower than the new iron rolling of the boats, the bike gets instant respect throughout the morotcycle community. Whether their eight to eighty, blind crippled, or crazy: If they know bikes, they know the RC fiddy-one.

The Harley guys just can't figure out how another V-twin with slightly less CC's can be faster than their fat, chrome-couches........

What's not to like? Sleek......side mount rads and cams that whine like a bitch with a skinned knee......

it's all good.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I do a lot of work for a few dealerships and when I ride my RC51 there to do a few jobs I park it and before I can get off of it there is always someone trying to drool on it.
It's always funny to see people walk away from the sales guys to look at my bike.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (CBR400RR)

Here is a pic of Tai posing at starbucks with his new polished wheels

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
every time I go to the track I get someone that says "Those are such cool bikes, always wanted one"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I experienced the Kid in the Candy Store look. And even the Harley riders gloating. But no boobies yet. I shall wait patiently for it though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: (Hams51)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hams51 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I experienced the Kid in the Candy Store look. And even the Harley riders gloating. But no boobies yet. I shall wait patiently for it though.</TD></TR></TABLE> If you wait? It will come

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by drsus »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">every time I go to the track I get someone that says "Those are such cool bikes, always wanted one"</TD></TR></TABLE> Dammm..they make it sounds like an RC30 or something
Give it a few more years

twotone said:
Here is a pic of Tai posing at starbucks with his new polished wheels
.<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> No wonder you always tell me I have a girlish figure...AND YOU DIDN'T GET MY GOOD SIDE

jbowers24 said:
I've only had my RC for 5 days and have already had more compliments, questions, and "can i ride it" inquiries than all 3 of my previous bikes combined, its truely different, and even the non riders can appreciate that.</TD></TR></TABLE> I get the same feeling

Rigor said:
whine like a bitch with a skinned knee......

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> sadly I've been there not to long ago

lokar said:
Its funny to me because all the people that have stopped me or said anything always have this perception of the RC as a REALLY bad-ass proffesional race bike that is impossible to keep on two wheels. </TD></TR></TABLE> Well, at least you know they don't know shiet so sell them some beach front proterty in Kansas

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: (drsus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by drsus »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">every time I go to the track I get someone that says "Those are such cool bikes, always wanted one"</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yep...at the track that I frequent there are usually about 6 or 7 of us on RC's. We all know each other by now so we usually pit next to each other and keep an eye on one another to help out when needed. The RC gets much respect at the track, with folks wandering up to us to ask if they bike is as nice on the track as they've heard. The bike definitely has a well deserved reputation in the sportbike community.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: (mcoomer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mcoomer »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yep...at the track that I frequent there are usually about 6 or 7 of us on RC's. We all know each other by now so we usually pit next to each other and keep an eye on one another to help out when needed. The RC gets much respect at the track, with folks wandering up to us to ask if they bike is as nice on the track as they've heard. The bike definitely has a well deserved reputation in the sportbike community.</TD></TR></TABLE> very cool on all counts

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: (3stripes)

so proud of having one of the six rcs in malaysia.theres a gathering of nearly 600 bikes about two month ago and i can only found two rc51..mine and another one from spore..and people taking pictures with my bike and asking this and that..

[/quote]

Modified by advocatt at 4:59 AM 6/28/2005

Modified by advocatt at 4:59 AM 6/28/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 3stripes »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Was chilling at the local *$ yeah yeah but Twotone was there only 10 minutes before well..sitting there a group pulled up sat around and bs a little when one of the riders in his late 20s walked over to my RC and said "yeah that is MY NEXT bike"..all glossy eyed over my new bling bling polished rims
like a kid in a candy story

Me? I was all smiles
she might still be a little on the heavy side but she's all mine

So for what it's worth keep up the good work fellas
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Okay, I got to jump on your bandwagon too...

I say that same thing you said, but I will factor it by 10..In other words, the RC51 is 10 times better than what you say it is... How about that!!!!

My bike has a cool 39,000 miles. It has been my track weapon for the last 4 track days, my commuting machine, and it looks like a zillion. Last, but not least, the dam thing runs and feels better than brand new!! How about that, again!!!

Yeah, I know it is 5 year old technology, but it is has got a look(soul), a feel, and a sound like no other. It is so good, that I am tempting to by another one just like it.. And talk about trouble free running.. 39,000 miles, and they have been fast, hard, (no dogging) miles, and not a wimper from my 03 RC51..

Didn't mean to whore your thread, but this bike is the chit. Add Sato(which some people don't understand), and the dam thing is a dream bike!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts