Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well finally got my New R1.
Buddy picked it up from the Dealer in Minnesota and met me in St. Louis since I am currently in Georgia.

We met at a Hotel. Of course I wasn't letting it sleep outside in St. Louis.

And then the Exhaust got installed. Exup removed and ECU Flashed by Nick Marino from: XPlane R1 Custom Tuning (he lived near the hotel so I didn't have to deal with shipping)

After it was back together Sunday morning I loaded into my truck and headed back towards Georgia.

Then the weather got chilly so I didn't ride it for a couple Days. Tuesday I finally rode it about 30 miles after class.

And I must say I absolutely am in Love. it's like riding my 750 with 50 extra horse. :woot:
I'm planning to re-work the exhaust and I'm not sure exactly how I want to do it just yet. But I'm not super happy with where the Can ended up on the M4 mid.
I'll post more as I go along.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Congrats. Love that scheme. Yamaha seems to have a lot of anniversaries and LE. Agree on the exhaust. What make is it?

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Cat delete is a Stainless M4. They ceramic coated them black which I don't really Care fur. I'd rather have that Raw stainless look.

The Can is the Same Ladybird that was on my 750.
so I only have 200 bucks that I paid for the mid lightly used into the exhaust. I like that I didn't spend a ton but the Look kills me. SOunds great. Just didn't end up where I wanted it. :frown2:

I may end up spending money on the New Graves set up as the Can has a much better angle. BUT everybody runs the Graves set up.

·
Street and Track Moderator
3,888 Posts
Nice dude! She is gorgeous... The Yosh setup is pretty nice and reasonable...

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wish they offered that little R55 can they offer for the S1000rr. but they don't right now.

I have a couple options I'm exploring.

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Exhaust ordered. I went with the Hindle 3/4 system for now.
Carbon muffler, with Carbon tip.

I may switch to their Full system when they actually get an ETA for delivery.

·
3,888 Posts

Then the weather got chilly so I didn't ride it for a couple Days. Tuesday I finally rode it about 30 miles after class.
I am calling bull$hit here... Lee, we all know that you have no class! :)

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ha. I have lots of class.
When all you see is the Taillight... sticker. you'll begging for some of my class. :grin2:

Hindle 3/4 system with Carbon Can/Carbon end cap. has been ordered. Should be here tomorrow.

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Where do you live again? I'm in Augusta GA for a while and I know you are somewhere down south.

I left my Race Bodywork at home and don't really want to track it in Street trim.

·
3,888 Posts
Hahaha,

Nice, we'll see...:grin2:

Ha. I have lots of class.
When all you see is the Taillight... sticker. you'll begging for some of my class. :grin2:

Hindle 3/4 system with Carbon Can/Carbon end cap. has been ordered. Should be here tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I wish you endless miles of riding joy and excitement!!! You"re gonna have a blast at Road Atlanta on that baby!:notworthyI really like the titanium full system Evo developed for your R1 by Akrapovic.

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
Always loved that paint scheme but the lack of side fairing makes it look odd. Don't care for that exhaust at all but hey, it wasn't my money so as long as you're happy, I'm happy!:woot:

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Nice looking bike... would like to see the pic with the new exhaust. Congrats!

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I shall get a pic of the new exhaust tomorrow at some point. The Hindle set up look great.

Yea Jamie, I put that exhaust on and was like NOPE. this has to go. :frown2:

bsess: I hate that Can shape wise but for the Euro guys it's the only full system that makes power AND meets their noise restrictions.

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
2016 R1 got new exhaust. Very happy with the Hindle 3/4 system. Sounds great and fits well.

I also bought a carbon front Fender that had a blemish on the lower legs so I had my painter (DCPaintworx) do a color match to cover the blemish and give the front end a little more color. This batch of paint wasn't an exact match so he's working that out on Monday and redoing it but I'm excited with how it looks.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts