Speedzilla Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ah I gotcha - yeah the bike came with an offroad damper that was very loose in the middle. I definitely don't want another of those, it would be useless for tarmac.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
A few more updates! We finished sorting the suspension, which including lowering the bike and completely revalving the Ohlins forks and shock for supermoto/road racing use.

Next, we swapped out this:

For this (Braketech 320x6mm ductile iron floater):

Finally, we had the bike tuned for pump gas. It put down a conservative 55hp, which we're happy with.

We also got a chance to do an on-track test at Barber this past weekend. We only did a couple of sessions as we were primarily there for developing the SBU YZF-R1. Here's a video from that day:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNV6tTOFyVM&list=UUzzh40g7DBqIvBw5UyjZjiQ

·
Registered
2,728 Posts

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
I picked up a 2011 YZ450. What did you end up doing for a caliper set up?

I need a Radial mount bracket if you can source one. I am also looking at a set of 13mm triples.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I can get you the triples. For the caliper setup, we ordered a Beringer setup - Beringer Supermoto Top Race Brake Kit: 6 Piston Caliper, Master Cylinder and Disc - Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, KTM, Kawasaki, more

They have a less expensive version. Beringer Supermoto Brake Kit: 4 Piston - Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, KTM, Kawasaki, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Gas Gas

The cheapest option I've seen is going with a radial bracket and putting an Aprilia SXV caliper on there. Sometimes you have to grind material off with the radial calipers. We had a guy actually ruin a caliper by taking too much off for clearance. That's one reason I went for the Beringer setup. That and it's plug and play, 6 pistons.

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
I'll shoot you a PM when I'm ready to buy the triples.

I was seriously looking at the Gold Fren set up. Lots of guys are going that way because of the recent Beringer price hike. It's about 500 bucks cheaper than the 4 piston Beringer set up. and in both of those case I'd still need a Master.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
You are correct. I must have misread the Beringer prices. I've been looking at too much stuff.

Looks like my order from you just got Larger...
Triples. 4 piston Beringer and Brembo 16x18. Can you PM me a quote? I should be ready to buy in the next 2 weeks.

And also a Price on dual temp warmers for the R1. my woodcrafts are getting a little beat up.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Not a lot of news with the bike (yet). The main focus around here has been preparing our new bikes for racing, so we can get at least one of them out for this month's events. We have some really cool stuff going on the WR shortly. Hopefully we have everything by the 3rd week of this month. For now, we've gotten our Scotts damper installed. This was relatively painless, with only some minor machining required on the top bar clamp so that it'd fit the RSW triples. The bike feels very stable and now will pass tech with race orgs, so hopefully it will be on the grid shortly.

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
I picked up my 2010. I'll post some pics when I put them into Photobucket.
now I just need my brakes.... :D

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
I'm getting ancy. 4 weeks wait and my instant need for gratification makes me very twitchy.

I'm riding dirt this weekend though.

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
Brakes came in today!!! woohoo!! all that is left is white plastics and the triples. Then I get to assemble and lay out graphics.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts