Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
That is douchebag level 8. Giving it Affliction or Ed Hardy graphics would bring it up to a solid 10. I lived through the neon-colored graphics/leathers craze of the early nineties and this is much worse. Typical target demographic shown below. God help us all.

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
That would be a "NOT"

matching bandana's sold in the accessory department I suppose.

as far as the target demographic......oompa loompa doopity-doo, I've got some fug-ully graphics for you.

·
2,737 Posts
Desperation shows.

Like the painted tan guys though. They'll crap when they see their pics 20 years from now.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I like it! That being said, I'm not going to go out and buy one!
And the tail section looks better with aftermarket exhaust!

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
even though the theme has jumped the shark, i still think its decent

that being said....

execution lacks continuity, you cant be half-badass, so this looks retarded. if the bike was one colour, maybe.

then there are the aesthetics of the bike. aesthetics and theme are more intimately associated than even most designers understand. that is a bike that has been sitting on the couch eating bon bons and getting fat. no sharp lines, everything gets smaller the further from the center it gets. anyone who knows shit about design knows it has to mimic the proportions and lines of a testosterone filled male to be considered badass. this bike is the overweight has-been door man at a busted nightclub. hell stomp a hole in your ass if he can catch you, but the end is in sight. fugly

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hate to be nit picky but are some of the lil ghost whispy things goi g the wrong way like their going more in reverse then forward. I think it needs to come with a few sticker packs to be great. Or maybe pre stickered?

·
Registered
516 Posts
Willy Wonka???

matching bandana's sold in the accessory department I suppose.

as far as the target demographic......oompa loompa doopity-doo, I've got some fug-ully graphics for you.
MY gosh... I am reading this and we just ended the original movie... Wow... didn't spot an R1 in the movie but the flying Wonkavater was pretty close and just as fug-ully. :clapper

·
Can Afford To Be Critical
1,852 Posts
Not feeling it...

They should take a cue from Ducati, how good does the 848 Evo look, or just the plain white 848 with Red DUCATI and 848 decals?
Exactly.

The test of a good/great design is if it needs graphics. Ducati, MV, a couple of Hondas qualify. The latest R1's look like crap and these graphics are only making it worse. Yamaha needed an evolution of the previous model, not a regression. Performance might be great but you still have to look at it when you stop.

:twocents

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Yamaha will soon announce a promotion where you get $500 cash back if you have a foreskin piercing and tribal tattoo when you buy the bike. Tentatively called the Stud Your Pud campaign.

Documenting in the evidence to get your check is interesting to say the least.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts