Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
I have a soft spot in my heart for Suzuki b/c the company has always tried to offer the public " bang for the buck ," so I applaud them for at least trying to maintain a presence in the premier class . Hopefully a few top-10 finishes will come .

·
Registered
983 Posts
Bautista seems poised to fight the good fight this year, but I wish Hopper was back there full time on the new bike. Suzuki will finish top eight, but an expectation higher than that isn't reasonable.

·
chimp on my shoulder
2,437 Posts
top eight!!!?????? there's not even eight manufacturers. if you're talking Bautista is going to be top eight I feel that is a huge stretch, simply because the talent on better machines is so deep. i think even tenth would be a stretch.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Doesn't make sense for Suzuki to re-design the bike with the rules changing for 2012. Let's hope they have a design in the works for when the 1000's appear. It would be nice to see them competitive. On the other hand I would not blame them for pulling out and putting more money into SBK.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
...of course by Suzuki, I meant Bautista...who'll be their only rider this year. I think he's going to surprise some people. He was a fighter in the 250's, and he was putting up some respectable times in recent testing. Call it a gut feeling. Hell, right now I could see him besting both Ducs!:banghead

·
He with the senior member
5,671 Posts
I have a soft spot in my heart for Suzuki b/c the company has always tried to offer the public " bang for the buck ," so I applaud them for at least trying to maintain a presence in the premier class . Hopefully a few top-10 finishes will come .
Me too. Have always liked and admired Suzukis. They upped the ante on a lot of cool bikes and design over the years, including the adoption of the modern, narrow-angle, high-efficiency, combustion chambers pioneered by Cosworth with the DFV F1 motors, in Suzuki's high-volume production sportbikes, with their TSCC 4-valve heads which instantly made everything else obsolete. Honda were still making ancient design wide-angle heads even on their CBX-6 sportbike of that era in the late '70s.

They were also the first Japanese manufacturer to make truly track-day and race replicas and their race design philosphy in their stock standard street sportbikes could aways been seen by the incredible ease of quick access design of key components for track-day and race tuning. Gixxers were always some of the easiest bikes to get access to, when racing, rivaling the 916 series Ducs, with their wonderful design of single-bolt attachments for major components.

Lots of admiration for Suzuki....I hope they get the demons worked out with their MGP bike in the coming years. It would suck to have them drop out, IMO, after being such a force in the '70s and '80s.

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
Me too. Have always liked and admired Suzukis. They upped the ante on a lot of cool bikes and design over the years, including the adoption of the modern, narrow-angle, high-efficiency, combustion chambers pioneered by Cosworth with the DFV F1 motors, in Suzuki's high-volume production sportbikes, with their TSCC 4-valve heads which instantly made everything else obsolete. Honda were still making ancient design wide-angle heads even on their CBX-6 sportbike of that era in the late '70s.

They were also the first Japanese manufacturer to make truly track-day and race replicas and their race design philosphy in their stock standard street sportbikes could aways been seen by the incredible ease of quick access design of key components for track-day and race tuning. Gixxers were always some of the easiest bikes to get access to, when racing, rivaling the 916 series Ducs, with their wonderful design of single-bolt attachments for major components.

Lots of admiration for Suzuki....I hope they get the demons worked out with their MGP bike in the coming years. It would suck to have them drop out, IMO, after being such a force in the '70s and '80s.
Yeah, it doesn't help them that they can't score an 'Alien' either to develop their machinery.

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
My guess is based more on Bautista than testing results, but it's a valid point. Still, I stand by it. Top 8.
Entirely possible. He just has to stay outta the gravel and away from the other torpedos back in the pack. He gets hurt and Suzuki might as well just stop showing up to the GPs.:eek:

1 - 20 of 173 Posts