Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
IMO they never ever got it wrong. Kawasaki was and is known for making balls to the walls superbikes. The ZX10R nailed that target in spades. Kawasaki will never see the race success of the other manufacturers simply because they don't toss the coin at it to the same level. But they get the road bike pretty damn good.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Other than the looks "UGLY, LIKE A BUG" the 2008+ Zx10r has faired well against if not beaten everything made out there, up until the new HP/TECH King S1000RR came out.

The new 10R should be a nice new model for sure, but waiting to see what is up with the overall styling.

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
owned a few Ninja's over the years and i am eagerly wating for the final bike to come out and see what they can do.

I applaud them for turning out a new model with such high hopes in these times when others have slowed or stopped their drive

·
Registered
1,508 Posts

Holy giant air intake batman!! :D

Lets hope they do good with the lights this time.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Ninja's always look good in black. :rockon

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Quote Motorcycle.com
"First off, let’s dispel two wild rumors. The new 10R has neither a big-bang firing
order nor a horizontal placement of its cylinders, despite fanciful speculation in
lesser publications. Rumors of variable valve timing are also likely unfounded.
Instead, we find an evolutionary literbike design of a traditional inline-Four
engine wrapped in a perimeter-beam aluminum frame."

I don't believe the same old status quo I4 screamer will cut it with buyers...
the tend is favoring the droners...

·
Registered
806 Posts
My thoughts exactly...BMW upper, honda tail.

As for any droner bike BLS, from all who are on the 10R sites they are mainly HP junkies 1st and foremost.

but we all want a great handling machines as well...going to be a good bike i am sure.

·
He with the senior member
5,671 Posts
...not a fan of these dinky tail sections. Ugggh!

I'm with ya....I think they look 4/5th scale like someone made a mistake. (and they're not the best aerodynamically for top speed, where the post-rider vortex is the most important air management issue.) I similarly think the Aprilia looks ugly as hell because of it.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
I know this is a pic of the wsbk and not the streetbike but where's the underslung exhaust the bike is supposed to have ? Also , isn't that can kind of BIG for a non-big bang engine ?

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
I'm with ya....I think they look 4/5th scale like someone made a mistake. (and they're not the best aerodynamically for top speed, where the post-rider vortex is the most important air management issue.) I similarly think the Aprilia looks ugly as hell because of it.

i agree 100% the two worst looking tails right now IMO is the CBR and Ape

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think the BMW will be cloned for the next couple of seasons... I keep cheering on Kawasaki; it's like the the Chicago White Sox of motorcycle racing. Black or Green is what I would take.

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
As for any droner bike BLS, from all who are on the 10R sites they are mainly HP junkies 1st and foremost.
True... but there is no reason why Kawasaki can't do both a droner to satisfy
race junkies who wish to experience the joys of a MotoGP power delivery and
190 RWHP to satisfy any HP junkie's raw appetite for speed...

·
He with the senior member
5,671 Posts
Good point. The screamer format provides relatively better HP for a great spec sheet Starbucks comparison.....maybe Kawasaki is banking that their new screamer (if it indeed is a regular 180 I4 layout) will prove to be 20+HP stronger than the Aprilia or R1 motors (relatively easily due to the "low" peak power of the those bikes).....and assume that the numbers will attract the youngsters... ;)

Personally, I think they need to be careful who they are trying to attract as buyers. Older, more experienced folks will be looking for more than just spec-sheet numbers, and this is where the Aprilia and R1 shine...it's a "feel" and "sound" thing as much or more than pure performance.

And they have to make it pretty. Not like the R1 and not like the BMW which continues to get blasted by the ultra conservative US market who don't like the asymmetrical styling thing, and has no local history of Le Mans type endurance racing design features (the asymmetrical front-end lights, etc).

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
Good point. The screamer format provides relatively better HP for a great spec sheet Starbucks comparison.....maybe Kawasaki is banking that their new screamer (if it indeed is a regular 180 I4 layout) will prove to be 20+HP stronger than the Aprilia or R1 motors (relatively easily due to the "low" peak power of the those bikes).....and assume that the numbers will attract the youngsters... ;)

Personally, I think they need to be careful who they are trying to attract as buyers. Older, more experienced folks will be looking for more than just spec-sheet numbers, and this is where the Aprilia and R1 shine...it's a "feel" and "sound" thing as much or more than pure performance.

And they have to make it pretty. Not like the R1 and not like the BMW which continues to get blasted by the ultra conservative US market who don't like the asymmetrical styling thing, and has no local history of Le Mans type endurance racing design features (the asymmetrical front-end lights, etc).

supposedly the ZX will come with great TC and a few other trick bits making it appealing to oldsters too:D

·
Registered
806 Posts
Well as for youngsters, most 10R buyers seem to be the one offs then...
As usually it is the BIG MEN or at least above average guy who needs a little something extra to make up for them little shit's on the GSXR's and the old withered men who ride honda's..

The R1 used up until the new bike has always been the pretty bike, and well we all know Kawi is the king of HP when japanese bikes are concerned.
180rwhp out fo the box should be a no brainer, the TC & abs will be on par if not better than the Euro offerings...and we all know kawi is known for making the crazy look bikes..

Should be agood year for them, as bike is going to bring them back to 04/05 ZX-10r glory!:rockon

1 - 20 of 20 Posts