Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did they use an intern from Suzuki Gixxer 1000 program for the R6 exhaust design?

The red and white doesn't look so good (too much white?). Bring back the traditional Yamahe red and white paint scheme (like the yellow and black used in this year's Laguna Secas).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (CCS-Expert347)

Hope that pic is not of the finished product....the R6 does NOT seem to have a separate subframe. Seeing as how I have trashed at least four subframes, I am sensitive to that item. Otherwise not bad looking although I was looking for something different...that is different but not the kind of different I was looking for. Glad they did not do the undertail pipe thing that is all the rage...their stubby can nestled up tight to the frame looks sharp....if you look close you can see that it exhausts straight down. Now they can start working on moving it even further forward so that it eventually disappears under the bike.

I'm sorry but that black and gold scheme has been done to death and is soooooo dated....I still have a model of the original black/gold machine that everything else was based on.....the John Player Special Lotus driven by Jimmy Clark.

http://www.jpslotus.org/76/76.htm

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (roadkill)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by roadkill »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hope that pic is not of the finished product....the R6 does NOT seem to have a separate subframe.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It does have a separate subframe like the R1. Look close! You can see the 2 bolts on the side hold it to the main frame. Due to the angle of the shot, it's difficult to tell but it should is a separated unit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (roadkill)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by roadkill »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hope that pic is not of the finished product....the R6 does NOT seem to have a separate subframe. Seeing as how I have trashed at least four subframes, I am sensitive to that item. Otherwise not bad looking although I was looking for something different...that is different but not the kind of different I was looking for. Glad they did not do the undertail pipe thing that is all the rage...their stubby can nestled up tight to the frame looks sharp....if you look close you can see that it exhausts straight down. Now they can start working on moving it even further forward so that it eventually disappears under the bike.

I'm sorry but that black and gold scheme has been done to death and is soooooo dated....I still have a model of the original black/gold machine that everything else was based on.....the John Player Special Lotus driven by Jimmy Clark.

http://www.jpslotus.org/76/76.htm</TD></TR></TABLE>

Clark never drove a JPS sponsored car - he was killed in a Gold Leaf (red and white) Lotus 49.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: 2006 R6 and R1 Limited? (999)

I don't see any passenger pegs. So maybe they are coming out with a street model.

Looks like they went all out to save weight.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (spezjag)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spezjag »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Clark never drove a JPS sponsored car - he was killed in a Gold Leaf (red and white) Lotus 49.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

You are correct. I knew that it was raced by a driver who was killed. The correct answer is Ronnie Peterson.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: 2006 R6 and R1 Limited? (Turbo329)

I'm guessing the passenger pegs and mounts go where the undertail rectangular block off covers are.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: 2006 R6 and R1 Limited? (Turbo329)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbo329 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I don't see any passenger pegs. So maybe they are coming out with a street model.

Looks like they went all out to save weight.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Here's a pic of the passenger pegs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: (hubert)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hubert »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">And will the come to the US?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Without a doubt the R6 will. That thing is smokin... I can't wait to pay off my ZX10R. This R6 is a serious pick for a dedicated track weapon for me. The thing is dead sexy. Wow..........

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am a diehard Suzook Man and i like the looks of the 6. I am glad they are not running the undertail exhaust.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: (WhiteyFoo)

too GSXRish. specially the tail section.. but it might be the new design era from japan...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: 2006 R6 and R1 Limited? (999)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 999 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm sorry, but with the Ohlins suspension and the wheels this bike really should be painted Yamaha yellow with the movie film stripe like the USGP bikes were painted. They would be sold out before they got here.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: 2006 R6 and R1 Limited? (Phil 998)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Phil 998 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I'm sorry, but with the Ohlins suspension and the wheels this bike really should be painted Yamaha yellow with the movie film stripe like the USGP bikes were painted. They would be sold out before they got here.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
giannis would buy one

1 - 20 of 34 Posts