Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really don't know what to do and I'm not sure this is even the right forum because of the bias towards rc51's. But its coming down to the 1000rr or the RC51. Can someone give me their HONEST opinion?! haha thanks:clapper

·
Registered
837 Posts
its up to you..

twin vs i-4

heavy vs lighter

4years with no change-v-updated every two years

twin sound-v-i-4sound

seriously..its up to you depending on your preference. i bought the rc coz i want a twin, i love the twin sound, i have no intention to race the bike so i am not looking for the latest and fastest machine..in my place theres only 5-6 units so i like the exlucivity bla bla bla..

in technical terms ..use the search functions..:D

·
Old,Dirty,Racer
1,191 Posts
NorCali said:
I really don't know what to do and I'm not sure this is even the right forum because of the bias towards rc51's. But its coming down to the 1000rr or the RC51. Can someone give me their HONEST opinion?! haha thanks:clapper
I think the RC51 and the 1000RR have some family traits. :) Maybe it is because they both come out the same stable. Just want to let you know that you are not alone when you sort of put them together in the same sentence.

I have been dealing with the idea of another bike for the last 6 to 12 months. Whether it be a track bike or street bike, another bike is coming for me. About 3 weeks ago when I read the reviews on the 2006 1000rr, and the changes they made on Honda's flagship liter bike, all my thoughts went to the idea of getting a 2006 1000rr. Just like changes were made on the 2001 RC51 to the 2002 RC51, they were significant. The 2006 1000rr is ligther, more hp, and updated suspension changes. When Honda was making all the changes in their 2006 line, the RC51 must have been standing behind the door, because the present day RC51, although a hellva a bike, IMO, it still needs some changes just be on the same page with the current crop of sportbikes.

The 1000rr and the RC51 are two TOTALLY different bikes. The RC51 is a Vtwin sportbike, heavier, less power, and a host of older technology. Whereas, the 1000rr is an inline 4, lighter, more power, and a host of newer technology. They are apples and oranges, and with the RC51 being the orange, I just happen to love the orange. :D First do the research and then make up your mind whether you want an inline 4 or a vtwin sportbike. Then take the one you choose and compare it with like sportbikes. Example, if you decide you want a vtwin, then compare it up against the Duc, and Aprillia, on the other hand, if you decide on the inline 4, compare that to the host of inline 4s out there, such as, the GSX R1000, ZX 10R, and R1.

With all that said, I got the 2006 1000rr in my sights for around Feb, and if I have my way about it, gonna match it up with a 2006 600rr and break that down for my track bike. Again, all this is wishful thinking and opinions of a grey haired old bastard, that can barely see, can't hear, no money, and a host of other short-comings; however, I do have good taste, feel and a lust for the good things. :D

·
Registered
837 Posts
Alright you old fool , listen up...:wtf You ALREADY know/have the answer you're looking for....Your Gixxer is an inline 4...your RC is a V 2...you've ridden them both and dont need anyones input as to which style you like mo' bettah...:confused:

Now stop wasting our time and get yer ass in gear...lifes too short...:D

·
Old,Dirty,Racer
1,191 Posts
old timer said:
Alright you old fool , listen up...:wtf You ALREADY know/have the answer you're looking for....Your Gixxer is an inline 4...your RC is a V 2...you've ridden them both and dont need anyones input as to which style you like mo' bettah...

Now stop wasting our time and get yer ass in gear...lifes too short...
Listen up you old fart, I was answering the young man's question. Yeah, you know what I prefer, the RC51. Sheesh, the weatherman said rain today. It was misty at 6 am, no matter, saddled up the RC51 off to the gym. Sheesh, nothing like riding the Vtwin on the street, on the track, and of course in front of Starbucks!!

You are not kidding when you say life is short, and it is getting shorter too. Anything I got any of idea of doing, I am doing it NOW!! No tomorrow, right now.

Be safe up there, and it's a promise that I get up there sometime next year to ride with your old azz

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Rode the '05 cbr1000r and my '03 rc yesterday and when we switched back my buddys comment was just what I expected to hear. he said that my RC is definitely more fun to ride:D

·
Anger managment patient
3,474 Posts
OK Ok, You guys are old enough to know that you will never sttle for just one flavor. It's not in our blood, that being racers and guys. So just get a twin and an inline. That way you can appreciate them for what they are. I love the RC and Love the FZ (R1 motor). twisties are better on the RC and the sound is so sweet. The I4 is just so for giving and doesn't give me the SMILIES per mile of a twin. Although I might be actually be faster on the I4. Ah yes and gas milage is better also on the I4 38-45 compared to the +-30 of the RC. But I do love the FAT girl (RC).

·
Registered
57 Posts
wingnutt said:
Rode the '05 cbr1000r and my '03 rc yesterday and when we switched back my buddys comment was just what I expected to hear. he said that my RC is definitely more fun to ride:D
i was that friend to someone about a year ago before i bought my rc :)

·
Registered
578 Posts
NorCali said:
to be honest with you i was in your shoes about a month ago, i rode my friends 04 1000rr and was impressed by the top end power but i just didnt feel comfortable on the bike what so ever in the turns...it is true that i just wasnt use to it and maybe the suspension settings werent for me but when i take the RC in the twisties i feel like i own the rode

yes it is heavier and slower than the I4s but you should really check your ego at the door and think, do you really need all that power of the RR cause as far as i know i have only met 2 people in my life that can even come close to pushing that bike to its limits and they both rode in the AMA.

IMO i believe that the RC has, is and will be more power than i will ever need!!!!!!!!!!!!!:twocents

·
Registered
115 Posts
Same story over and over.. I let my buds drive my RC and they sell their 4cyl for a twin. Their new 1000s are faster in a dragrace/top end run, but are noticbly absent as soon as the road curves. With similar suspension work as I've done to my RC, I feel the CBR1000 could handle very well - but the RCs power is much more accessable and useful in street situations..

Of course the correct answer is to have multiple bikes..:) I have 6 sportbikes and still am lusting after 2-3 others for the garage.:rockon

·
Registered
146 Posts
advocatt said:
its up to you..

twin vs i-4

heavy vs lighter

4years with no change-v-updated every two years

twin sound-v-i-4sound

seriously..its up to you depending on your preference. i bought the rc coz i want a twin, i love the twin sound, i have no intention to race the bike so i am not looking for the latest and fastest machine..in my place theres only 5-6 units so i like the exlucivity bla bla bla..

in technical terms ..use the search functions..:D
Same here, the RC was what I wanted from the start. I started watching motorcylce racing around the time Ben Bostrom won the AMA title in 1998 on the RC45 and Colin Edwards II and Aaron Slight were riding it in WSB. Then in 1999 the RC51 was born, it was love at first sight and then I heard it on tv and it became the first motorcycle that I actually wanted to own. I'm sure that 99.9% of the folks on this forum felt the same way I did when the RC51 came out.

Pick one and ride ;)

I also have to recommend the best looking helmet to match the 05 & 06 RC:
Shoei Diabolic TC-5:rockon

1 - 13 of 13 Posts