Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: 2004 RC-51 Price? (DUX)

I would shop around...IMHO that seems to be a few $$ high...but than again I bought my 03 in 03 for $9600...

BTW...is the bike new, used? Some stealers still have new 04's in stock.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 2004 RC-51 Price? (tanner)

It's brand-new. I was a little disappointed, considering this dealer has hooked me up many times. He says the incentives are not there from Honda for the RC like they were last year. It's still less than everyone else, but only by a few hundred dollars.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

A couple months ago one of the dealers here had the advertised price for an '04 at $9495. That was without tax tags and title, but there were no other charges. (i.e. doc fees, assembly fees, etc.) There was also a dealer with a left over '03 for $8500. (I will double check that number)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

What's the same dealer charging for the '05? Since there are absolutely no mechanical changes between the two years, the thing you should decide is whether the difference in price and appearance make the deal worthwhile for you. Worrying over the last few dollars could cause you to miss out on a relatively decent deal.

Now, there are still some '03s sitting in American Honda's warehouse - ask your friendly dealer about those. And there are no mechanical differences between the '02s to '05s. So all you have to worry about is price and appearance!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DUX »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is 9,800 OTD a good deal?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Looks pretty good from this side of the pond

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: 2004 RC-51 Price? (Walenut)

I can get the '04 for $9800, or the '05 for $10000. Both prices are OTD.

I prefer the '03 or '04 paint.

All the dealers I've talked to say there are no '03s left in the warehouse.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

It's not too bad of a deal. There's a dealer near me that has an 04 advertised for 9800 OTD but I'm sure he'd go lower probably closer to 9300. It's all relative if you like it and the dealer then buy it. You could shop around for a while longer and maybe find a better deal maybe not. I'm sure you won't save more then 500 or so. I just bought an 05, yes I paid more for an 05 and I love the black. By the way 10000 OTD is a very good price on the 05.

Also I hear a lot about you can get an 03 for this or an 04 for that brand new and the 05 is more so why pay just for a color? When you buy an 03 or 04 and ride it off the lot it's immediately a year or two old used bike so it's pretty much the same deal in the end. You just save $$$ upfront and lose it on resale value. I had the money up front and went for the black.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DUX »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is 9,800 OTD a good deal?</TD></TR></TABLE>
it not a bad deal it a leftover model but if its brand new it worth it I got my 04 in may for 9800 and I have no complaints I consider it a fair price

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: 2004 RC-51 Price? (shake5)

Would you mind telling me where? Was that OTD? I am near Pa.

Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DUX »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I can get the '04 for $9800, or the '05 for $10000. Both prices are OTD. I prefer the '03 or '04 paint. All the dealers I've talked to say there are no '03s left in the warehouse.</TD></TR></TABLE>

If both prices are truly OTD, meaning you will not pay another red cent (unless you get an extended warranty or something extra), then the prices are good, and pick your color.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts