Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was browsing EBay and found a dealer selling a New 2003 Super Hawk with a buy it now price of $6300. The dealer is only about 3 hours away so I could go pick it up...no shipping charges. The site also says there is a charge of $200 for service and set up on a new bike.

What is involved in uncrating a bike and getting it up and running? Is it something a mechanicaly inclined person could figure out or is it better left to the stealership? I've got a friend who I know could do it for me too...so that is also an option.

How's the price sound? Seems pretty reasonable, especially since the Super Hawk hasn't really changed at all since '03...has it?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Look around. You can probably find one in a Dealership all ready to go for less than that. Might be worth a look

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (TBONE)

It's hard to tell if that $200 setup and service fee is legit. I can only tell as an example BMW's include everything (shipping, setup) in there M.S.R.P. Still other dealerships still charge 800 bucks on top of M.S.R.P.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (evileli)

1. The dealer is making profit on the setup fee.
2. A trained mechanic will probably spend the better part of an hour doing final checks, charging the battery and test riding. There is quite a bit to do.
3. We order our bikes to be delivered assembled. The warehouse that stores them for us provides that service. Normally they do a pretty good job but we have to check EVERYTHING just to make sure that they did not miss anything.
4. Out the door price is what counts. Call some other dealers and find out how motivated they are. We do not even stock a SuperHawk due to their slow sales. We are not that motivated because we would have to find one and get it to our dealership. I have heard that there are blue ones with some reasonable rebates in the SoCal area.
5. Good luck...twins rule!!! (The VTR still feels like a chopper compared to the RC.)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (rad23racer)

What do you think would be a fair "out the door" price for a New 2003 Super Hawk? $6000? $5500? I've gone too long w/o a bike...time too ride!!

I just gotta keep those damn drunks from eating the ass end of my bike with their cars

1 - 5 of 5 Posts