Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Big Thymer
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
<<SOLD>>I wouldn't hesitate to sell this bike to my grandmother! :D

RC51Parts.com :: 2003 Honda RC51 11K SP2

This great shape 2003 would make an ideal acquisition for someone looking for a unique supplement to their existing RC51 fleet or a platform for a track bike!
Starts, idles and rides like a charm! Shifts clean and smooth and stops like an RC51 should!

Already has some smart mods:
  • Front forks reworked (revalved and serviced) by Dan Kyle for a 235# rider
  • New front brake pads
  • Rear brake reservoir minimized (HRC style)
  • Polished rear swingarm (Hayden style)
  • Mass centralized/relocated starter relay and Speedcell battery
  • 15/41 520 chain
  • Vortex quick-fill gas cap
  • Flapper mod
  • PAIR system mod
  • mini-turn LED signals
  • Tires are in excellent shape, very good condition Michelin Pilot Powers!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I noticed first that the tread is going the wrong way. But looking at the spokes, it looks like the whole wheel is flipped.
Good looking bike though

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
I saw your ad on the WERA site. There are a few RC51s on there right now....good deal on that bike.....good luck.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
I have to sale or trade mine to get a RC51
This sounds like a man that knows what he wants!
I remember having the exact same thought about my '98 superhawk when the RC51 came out.
Then I made it happen in '02 and it was the best move I ever made! :rockon

Try posting your hawk up for sale in the classifieds.

Stunna

·
Big Thymer
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice bike, Interested in a HawK? I have to sale or trade mine to get a RC51, I just bought a Buell Xb front end for it..
Thanks for the thought, but not really interested in trades...I don't need more bikes, LOL. It might depend on what kind of Hawk it is though...
  • Old School Hawk
  • Destined-to-be-a-classic Hawk
  • Superhawk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hawk

I'm in Va Beach, I really don't want to sell I would prefer to trade up to a RC51. I would prefer the SP1 as it has a little less aggressive set up and would make it a little better for longer rides, plastic don't have to be great but I mechanicly I want a sound bike. I just bought the Buell Forks for my conversion.
Since I bought the bike I've put new brake pads on the rear the fronts will be due in a couple thousand miles, I bought a new 520 conversion kit with stock gearing but have not installed it yet. My current plans for the bike is to put a Buell front end on it maintaining the single sided brake system but updating it I have the wheel in white but still need the the rotor/caliper and front MC to make it work (apx $150-2) after I get the rest of the parts it just making everything work with a little machining here and there. I also have a set of 2000+ grey VFR wheels if you want to go that way converting to the VFR rear is a popular mod. The one thing I don't have is alot of cash flow. When I traded my 98 vfr for this Hawk we valued the Hawk a 2k which is pretty close to avg with all the wheels and new parts where taking the value close to 3.2k it would not sell at that price but thats about what everything adds up to. I've only put a couple of miles on it since I've had it getting it inspected, the Navy has me on a short leash right now as my MC safety card is expired and they could withhold my life insurance if something happened to me on a ride soo not riding it to much till i can get my two day safety course done.

The "bad": Pegs are aftermarket and scraped up and the bottom of the exhaust pipe is scratched as well, both due to the track. Headlight indicator bulb is out on the gauge cluster. Minor scratches, small dent on tank. There is a small shimmy when braking from the front end not sure what it is I'll check the torque values to make sure everything is tight

Mods: Gold Valve emulators, progressive springs, GSXR brake caliper, EBC floating disk, M4 full exhaust with chopped can (sounds great!!), jet kit, Fox shock, Corbin Gunfighter & Lady seat, stock seat, frame sliders, roller bearings in steering head, Hella Supertone Horn (LOUD!), bar end mirrors (Right side needs a new bushing), Eastern Beaver upgraded headlight wiring harness, Dominator Dual Headlights w/ 85/80W Osram Hyper H4 bulbs, tiny front turn signals, LED rear turn signals (VERY BRIGHT!), LED rear brake lights, LED tag light, stock rear fender removed, license plate location recessed into plastic, tank bra, etc. I am sure there's more parts, that I can't remember at this moment.
Extra's not on the bike: stock rear fender pieces, stock rear (And I think front too) turn signal pieces, Head light, etc.

Make: Honda
Model: Hawk NT650 GT
Engine: 647cc v-twin - water cooled
Miles: 31,XXX
Last Oil Change: I have exact miles at home, but it was in June/July of '09 approx 2000 miles ago
Front tire: Pirelli Diablo - 120 still has good tread.
Rear tire: Pirelli Diablo Rosso -150 but it was purchased in June

1 - 20 of 22 Posts