Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there! Finally think I found my RC51. But, it is a 2001. What were changes from '01 to '02???

Thanks!

·
RC51-less Member
6,675 Posts
02-present

larger header ports
larger throttle bodies
larger steering stem
redesigned swingarm with re-routed L/S exhaust pipe
Lighter 5 spoke wheels. formally 6 spoke.
paint scheme

various other little ditties, but that about covers it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, would it be recommended that I opt for an '02 or newer? I can get this '01 with TB Exhst, 12k miles right around $4k. But if the '02 has that much better components, I am thinking I should stick with an '02 or newer.

Thanks!

·
Jenias Member
1,510 Posts
I dont know if the 02 is THAT much better then the 01 but it gives you some options the stock 01 doesnt like banzai mount exhaust if thats what tickles you. One would hope that the changes to the 02 were improvements though:)

·
Registered
550 Posts
For $4000, you won't be wasting money on the SP1. Most people will never see the performance side of the differences, and most of those differences can be overcome with cimple mods anyways! Buy her... You won't regret it! :D

·
RC51-less Member
6,675 Posts
4k is a good deal. the differences aren't that big, in the long run. wheels are interchangable and although you get less exhaust choices, the SP1 systems are cheaper.

buy it.....:rockon

·
Anger managment patient
3,474 Posts
At 4K get it. Swingarm can swap so can wheels. Send the suspension out anyway cause at 12k miles and 4years it needs to be reworked. Now you can afford tires and a 520 kit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts