Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know for sure what the lowdown on this is, I was alway under the impression they were Chromoly, I have had a shadow of doubt cast of this so I wonna make sure either way.

My reasoning is I have the frame to sell from my burnt S4 Montsa, I told the metalurgist that it was Chromemoly, based on that the frame is very reusuable having only be stress relieved.

Anyway, any input would be great, thanks dudes.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: 2001 S4 Monsta Frame Chromoly or Mild Steel? (Monstaman)

Andi, Ducati frames are not made out of Chromoly steel. I am pretty sure that the only brand there is making this, is MV Agusta (25 CrMo4 chrome molybdenum tubing) and KTM
Ohh BTW, I have just ordered the new "Brutale 910"

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: 2001 S4 Monsta Frame Chromoly or Mild Steel? (Lars)

Thanks Lars, I had better ring up the metalurgist again or does anyone else know if the frame is a throwaway?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Lars »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Ohh BTW, I have just ordered the new "Brutale 910"

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Have ya now ya bastid
, you had better bring some pics forth!!!

I am looking at the 1000 AGO as a next two up!, maybe the end of the year or early next year.....even thought about a Multistrada

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I'll take some shot's "when" I get it, Promise. I was in Germany to try the 750 Brutale and it's awesome, it's like you become a part of the bike and vice versa. Only missing some "ompfh" in the lower revs, that's why I decided to go for the 910

I have tryed both the F4 750 and the F4 1000, but it's just like you have to be in that "Race mode" all the time to justify the mission with these bikes, just my

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Yeah that it what I have heard, a very comitted position to be in, not sure I want that for a two seater, fine with single seat but this is for chickie as well

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Are you finish with Ducati's since you're looking for an MV??

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Except for some of Ducati's race bikes, all the production frames are a mild steel. They spec a kind of steel in their catalogs, but as near as I can tell, it's just a name that they made up.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: 2001 S4 Monsta Frame Chromoly or Mild Steel? (Norm)

Thanks Norm, so based on MS the frame is then toast?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

i did tried to let you down softly.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: 2001 S4 Monsta Frame Chromoly or Mild Steel? (oneducs)

Yes I know, wasn't to much of a thump, give away one good frame jig!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Lars »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Are you finish with Ducati's since you're looking for an MV?? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Dunno yet, lov the MV's, got a bit of time up my sleeve to make a choice, get Malattia up on the road first then go from there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts