Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st question is fairly simple. Need the bolt size that goes into the frame through the steering damper. I found the part on the microfiche but it just says "bolt". I'd rather just buy a bolt locally for now.

And the part I can not figure out. I am replacing my levers and can not for the life of me figure out how to get this piece out. I don't see a c clip or anything. it doesn't look like it compresses to get it out. Short of bending metal I have no clue how to get it out so I can transfer it to the new levers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pic of part in questions:

·
lidzduc.blogspot.com
3,578 Posts
You shouldn't have to replace that piece IIRC---here's my original levers that I replaced with new OEM ones.

The bolt's prolly a 6mm 1.0 pitch...why don't you take one off something else on the bike like the lever clamps, etc and see if it fits then take that to the store and get a SS bolt.
BTW- just click my Blog on the post below for info and pics on 748 rebuild---use the search button.
Good Luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.