Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
:rolleyes
305 Posts
Always curious about the fees associated when an auction of that magnitude concludes. Does eBay buy you lunch? Or send you a t-shirt?
The way things have gotten, and at that price, the fee is probably 75% of the final value. :wackyThe fees are out of control they've effectively driven the occasional private seller off the site, which I think was their intention all along.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Am I missing something ?! Are they gold plated ? Half the price is donated , so he still makes a fortune .:clapper I'll give to charity directly thank you , instead of through an auction which may or may not be legit .

·
Can Afford To Be Critical
1,852 Posts
No "Buy it Now" price? Damn...

This part got me:

"You: Very wealthy patron of the arts"

"Me: On drugs and trippin' out, man."

·
He with the senior member
5,671 Posts
I'm assuming those are Zimbabwean dollars.

(A little note (sic!) on the Zimbabwe dollar and hyperinflation follows....from Wiki)

On 12 January 2009, Zimbabwe introduced the $50,000,000,000 note.[40]
On January 16, 2009, Zimbabwe announced plans for imminent issue of banknotes of $10 trillion, $20 trillion, $50 trillion, and $100 trillion. At the time of the announcement, the last was valued at around 30 US dollars, but that value was expected to evaporate swiftly.[41] Notably, those plans open a gap in the banknote series: there are none on the order of $200 billion or $1 trillion. It would take 100 of the $100 billion notes to make the same value as the next larger note, $10 trillion.
On January 29, in an effort to counteract his country's runaway inflation, acting Finance Minister Patrick Chinamasa announced that Zimbabweans will be permitted to use other, more stable currencies (e.g. the South African rand) to do business, alongside the Zimbabwe dollar.[42] Although only licensed companies are allowed to accept foreign currencies, this has now become a common practice. In fact, according to local residents, even street vendors are already refusing to accept Zimbabwean dollars.[42][43]
In February the government of Zimbabwe revalued its currency. One of these new Zimbabwean dollars is worth one trillion of the previous.[44] This move took the number of decimal places removed during the period of hyperinflation to 25 (1025 = 10 septillion short scale; thus, if no revaluations had taken place, Zimbabwe would now be issuing 10 septillion dollar notes).
In March, 2009, an independent newspaper published by exiled Zimbabwean journalists known as The Zimbabwean launched The Trillion Dollar Campaign, a marketing effort in Johannesburg, South Africa, to protest a hefty import duty levied upon it by the ZANU-PF government. Zimbabwean banknotes of enormous monetary denominations were distributed freely to motorists and pedestrians. The worthless notes were even used to plaster walls and billboards- all printed with slogans such as 'it's cheaper to print this on money' and 'fight the regime that has crippled a country'.[45]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts