Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend has a 1998 Ducati 748 with 20,000 miles, exhaust and has been sitting and doesn’t run, it has a clean title and hasn't been down, any idea of what it's worth.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: 1998 748 (CBR400RR)

Not a lot unless you know what's wrong with it, especially if you aren't planning to fix it yourself - if it has serious problems (bearings, for example) you could spend thousands at a shop, and a good running version is probably only worth 6K or so. Why doesn't it run?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CBR400RR »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">...has been sitting and doesn’t run...</TD></TR></TABLE>

If it's been sitting for a while, and it was running when it was parked, you might want to poke around inside the fuel tank. Old gas has a tendency to turn the internal fuel hoses to mush on these things...

(And the battery's probably no good, either...)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: 1998 748 (JeffKoch)

I guess he was having a problem with the batery or charging system. He is bring it by this weekend so I can look at it, he wants $4000.00 but I don't know if it's worth that or not as this is something I would fix up to resell.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

i'll give him $4K for it. IM me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts