Speedzilla Forums banner

1992 Honda NSR250SP Rothmans Edition

11K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  mighty max 
#1 · (Edited)
Purchased it in 2005 and rode it a few times....started to tear it down in 2006. Been collecting parts since. Some installed...some not. Pretty much done collecting....but just haven't had the time to slap it together. Here are some pics.

#3 ·
more pics

:)last set of pics is where the project currently sits. Completion will have to wait until my next vacation back home.

Mods to date (installed)
Honda HRC RS250 Forks, triple clamps, and Tyga stem
Brembo calipers, 296 discs, 19x18 Master cylinder with Ladybird res mount
Samco hoses(red)
WR rearsets
Ohlins rear shock
MC28 rear swingarm conversion
JT counter sprocket(15t), sprocket(44t), and DID ERV3 X-ring 520 chain
Tyga subframe, Tyga RSW upper/lower fairings(RACE)
Speedfibre RS250 tail (frankenstein'd with tyga front portion)
Sansei clip ons
Marchesini forged magnesium RS250 wheel(3.5 inch)
Yoyodyne RS250 Kevlar front fender
FRS Japan racing(formerly JHA) 304 stainless chambers with Kevlar end cans
Pilot Power 2ct 120/70 front, 160/60 rear

Mods not installed and probably won't get installed
Tyga 300cc kit with Wiseco pistons and VHM heads
Marchesini forged magnesium rear wheel RC30 (5.5inch)
HRC RS250 Triple core radiator(modded to suit NSR)
Geckoracing RAM airbox
HRC PJ38 carbs/boots

...had to go back to the Delkevic 4.5 rear due to the Marchesini rubbing some mounting bolts on the hub. The hub will need some minor mods to take the wheel properly....but that may happen next go around. Who knows...:confused: Still need to finish endurance headlight mount and get some lights on the rear. Hopefully she will be back on the road in the next 2-3 months. It is plated in CA too soo:)

Attachments

#7 ·
Nice bike, the front end looks great.

FWIW I think the 5.5" rear would be overkill on an NSR if you're not installing the 300 cc kit. The Delkevics are not that nice, I can try and find you an RVF400 rear here if you're interested (they generally go for around $200) otherwise try and find a Magtek, they were original equipment on the MC28's. I'm hunting for a Magtek myself ...

#10 ·
Nsr

Yeah, I hear you. In California we might have it the worst since it's pretty hard to get one titled if it already isn't in the system. Sometimes you can find some sweet deals but you just have to be ready to pull the trigger when they pop up.

#13 ·
"No smoking" smoker

Sorry for the gigantic pics. Would have posted more but the Internet is quite slow in my current location.

Garage paint job. Dropped upper during clear coat and abandoned due to time constraints. Need headlight bracket and tail light wiring then it's back on the roads of CA. Keep an eye out in the classifieds as I'm CERTAIN it will be there very soon.

#14 ·
nice bro

Attachments

#15 ·
i also have done my project after sold Rc51..hey..it is has twin pipe..
Mine Hrc p30 CDI..Jha/HRC carb kits..Jha exhaust...Tyga gp fairing and end can.....rear hear head conversion..Ohlin Damper..kiss fast trottle..after market clutch cable..tyga rear set..and HRC airbox..i think thats all...

#16 ·
here one more

Attachments

#17 ·
front view

Attachments

#18 ·
back view

Attachments

#20 ·
Bro. .u sellin the bike?Saw yr post at nsrworld..pm me the HRc parts that u wanna sell...i could be interested in it..

#22 · (Edited)
Nc35...used to race on that...with Hrc needle n jets...open airbox..HRC Cdi...full system 2bros...Nc30 carb....cant recall the rest..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.