Speedzilla Forums banner

1989 hawk gt for sale

4K views 9 replies 1 participant last post by  jre302 
G
#1 ·
hi all,
i haven't been on this site for a while, but i've got a hawk that as much as i hate to part with, i just don't ride it anymore, and would be happy to see it go to someone who will use it. I've owned it since '91, and it is now pretty heavily modded;

696 wiseco
heads skimmed and ported by JW Racepart (used to be hawk guru in northeast)
153 cams (longer duration)
supertrapp
throated carbs
larger radiator
F2 front end with emulators and eihnbach springs
fox TC2 shock with hypercoil spring (i'm 175#) also have fox spring
damper
520 chain, new and sprockets
mostly new metzler sportechs
also has a new bottom end from a donor bike, and i have a low milage(800mi) set of 647cc heads/cyldrs/pistons
I have not ridden it in about two years, (though i've brought it with me from NYC to Vegas) and i need to install a new head gasket on the front cylinder. If there is any interest, email me at lincoln.carson@wynnlasvegas.com and we can talk.
thanks!

See less See more
G
#2 ·
Re: 1989 hawk gt for sale (RCLinc)

ok i have ridden this bike and its dope, way more juice than my stock hawk! i remember when you got it stock, the virgin years! this bike would make a great streetbike or track bike. just my
, whats up Linc!

G
#3 ·
Re: 1989 hawk gt for sale (duc_748)

hey bro! yeah i finally threw in the towel. i keep thinking i'll get to TLC the old hawk but the free time never comes...besides parked next to the RC it's not much of a choice with what i want to ride!!

G
#7 ·
Re: (RCLinc)

Here are a few photos for those of you who were asking. The obvious cosmetic damages are the right side of the ZX6 radiator, which is how i recieved it, and doesn't affect it's cooling, and a spot on the rear left cowl, where the paint has been abraded off. Not visible are some small chips along the bottom seam of the tank, where it meets the frame rail. I forgot to also mention it has new clutch plates, and springs. I found the stock bars, and the passenger pegs, and the bike will include the pit bull stand and honda manual. For those that notice the tupperware brake resevoir, the master cylinder is a larger bore, from a GSXR, which has more leverage, but i think that it had better feel with the original F2 master cylinder, which i may still have.(still unpacking!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.