Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd post up a project I have been working on.

I found it on CL for $550. The pictures made it look to be in excellent condition and only missing a few things to be all original. Rear turn signals and a right side cover were missing. It also was not running.

I called a good friend of mine that was closer to the seller and asked him to go pick it up for me. I was sure this bike wasn't going to last long at that price.

I had every intention on building a café racer with a USD front end. After thinking about it and looking at the bike I just couldn't hack it up. So I decided to clean it up and restore it.

Once I had it in my garage I spent awhile looking it over and It needed more work then the pictures showed. The tank needed to be repainted and the muffler had a few rust holes at the end.

So it began...

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More pics...

Cleaned and prepped the motor for paint.

Once I had everything cleaned and painted I got right to work on putting it back together.

I wanted to keep it the original color but the paint was more than I was willing to spend so I went with a metallic grey/gun metal.

The tank def needed a paint job.

And here it is all painted with reproduction decals

I'm almost finished with this project and can't wait to get it out on the road. I am pleased with it but the chrome isn't the greatest and really hinders the close up inspection. The rims are peeling and the PO tried to buff the rear fender with a sanding disc!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I picked up this Hawk GT in March and took it on a 2,000 mile trip to Myrtle Beach and back with a good friend of mine.

Once the CB is done I'll most likely do a proper paint job on the Hawk. My rattle can job got a little beat up on the trip.

·
Registered
152 Posts
the rattle can paint job looks pretty good still. I'm so glad to see the cb on here. I just got a 1972 cb350, and its not as good of a shape as yours though. don't know if I want to turn it into a cafe racer, or original look.
is there a good forum for these bikes?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the rattle can paint job looks pretty good still. I'm so glad to see the cb on here. I just got a 1972 cb350, and its not as good of a shape as yours though. don't know if I want to turn it into a cafe racer, or original look.
is there a good forum for these bikes?
Check out SOHC4.net. Lots of info and really busy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts