Looking To Re-Tire My 610
Thinking Of Going To Michlens, Will The 160 Fit The 610
Or Contis
Has Anyone Made This Change? :banghead :banghead :banghead

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I Thought the Michlens Run SMALL compared to the Dunlops.
I can Tell You The New Qualifer Tires Are HUGE
I replaced the 208 on my buell is was a 180 with a qualifer same size
and it looks like a 200.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've had 2 pair of Pilots. The 160/60 works perfect. No complaints except I only seem to get about 1800 miles out of a rear.

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
I Thought the Michlens Run SMALL compared to the Dunlops.
I can Tell You The New Qualifer Tires Are HUGE
I replaced the 208 on my buell is was a 180 with a qualifer same size
and it looks like a 200.

Hmmm, wish I would have known that before I ordered a 150.

Oh well, I guess it's a good thing they don't last long.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks For The Info Sorry Dave :banghead :banghead :banghead

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hmmm, wish I would have known that before I ordered a 150.

Oh well, I guess it's a good thing they don't last long.
Yes, rear tires don't last too long on this bike! I've been running 160s, pirelli scorpion syncs, and now conti sm tires. They fit fine on the stock 4.25 rim. I'm about to mount a 150 Conti SM to see if it changes how the bike steers.

I've also got a set of M3 Metzlers on a spare set of wheels ready to go. The rear is a 5" rim with a 160.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Found a set of 208s 120/160 combo 139.00 plus 23 shipping
I wonder if the 160 208 will fit the Husky 610.
ok there are 7 sets available.

·
Banned
20 Posts
i run a power race soft on street on 4.75 rims and works great
this tire size will turn in better then a 160 and bigger contact patch on the ground

the real side is none of us can ride at that level any ways, so it doesnt matter
we are not pros-but who cares right? lol

·
Registered
83 Posts
Found a set of 208s 120/160 combo 139.00 plus 23 shipping
I wonder if the 160 208 will fit the Husky 610.
ok there are 7 sets available.
Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. I'm gettng down on my stockers (2200 mi) and I'd like to go one size larger on the rear.
Where do I sign up?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I've also got a set of M3 Metzlers on a spare set of wheels ready to go. The rear is a 5" rim with a 160.
I switched back to the M1 after trying a set of the M3's on my 625. They work fantastic on my RC51, so I figured what-the-heck...

The dual-compound was a problem - the front was worn on the sides, but the center still had tons of tread, which caused turn-in problems as the tire really started to wear. Same thing with the rear. It got majorly spooky a couple times near the end of life on that set of tires.

Switched back to the M1 (single compound) and it's been nuthin but love, and lot's of tires. The 625 really feels like it was made for the M1.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I switched back to the M1 after trying a set of the M3's on my 625. They work fantastic on my RC51, so I figured what-the-heck...

The dual-compound was a problem - the front was worn on the sides, but the center still had tons of tread, which caused turn-in problems as the tire really started to wear. Same thing with the rear. It got majorly spooky a couple times near the end of life on that set of tires.

Switched back to the M1 (single compound) and it's been nuthin but love, and lot's of tires. The 625 really feels like it was made for the M1.
Hmmm... good to know. I normally run H rated tires (Conti SMs). I thought I might get some additional mileage and retain good grip with the M3 tires. I have them mounted up but I'll keep in mind your experience with these tires.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm just over 8K miles on my 625 and about through my fifth set of tires...

Good mileage and supermoto just don't mix I think. It's not much of a sensible man's sport anyway. :wacky

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm just over 8K miles on my 625 and about through my fifth set of tires...

Good mileage and supermoto just don't mix I think. It's not much of a sensible man's sport anyway. :wacky
I'm going through tires at roughly the same pace. What tire pressures are you running?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Now I Have Been Informed That The Chain Hits When You Use The 160 Dunlop Which I Dont Want To Experience.:wtf :wtf :wtf :wtf
So If Anyone Wants To Buy The Set $125.00 Shipped in 48 states.
120/70/17 208zr and a 160/60/17 208 zr.

·
Joeitall
318 Posts
I run dunlops 120/70/17 in the fromt & 170/55/17 in the rear & they are narrower on the rear than perelli's that were 160/60/17 that rubbed the chain on accelerated lefties.

the dun's mak the bike stick better, handle better, & like said :woot: there is no such thing as long lasting tyres on SM's - that is for those that use all, & often the tyres.

My Tyre guy loves me :eek:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts