Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have made a few calls just for refrence and it seems a 12k service for a SBK is $1000????? :wtf I really just need valves done, TPS, Throttle body sync, fuel filter(I have a stock 748 with no quick release, getting tank off is a nightmare!), how much should this cost and more improtantly where can I go for serivce? I am in LA, but will travel if need be. I do most of the work my self on bikes(you know the easy stuff!) but I have not done a valve job and would rather have someone do it who knows what up. By no means am I a full blown mechanic, but it does seems strange that many ducati related shops really dont know what they are talking about? (am I wrong here?)....anyone with some helpful info please let me know..I have no problem spending money on serivce, but I was told a few things today that were pretty scarey in describing what gets done during a 12k service that makes it so expensive...("we go over the whole the bike, tighten chain and change oil" :woot: )Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks998R. Was searching for past posts with his info but I could not find anything.

·
Registered
152 Posts
D998R said:
Give Scott Waters at Moto Servizio a call in Signal Hill, CA. He's a good mechanic with good prices.
D998R is right, Scott is the best in the biz and the only one that touches my bikes.

Moto Servizio
2698 Junipero Ave. No. 117
Signal hill Ca 90755
562-981-0911

Make sure you make an appointment before you go, he is always packed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
bullduc0022 said:
D998R is right, Scott is the best in the biz and the only one that touches my bikes.

Moto Servizio
2698 Junipero Ave. No. 117
Signal hill Ca 90755
562-981-0911

Make sure you make an appointment before you go, he is always packed.

+1
Best Ducati machanic on the west coast....

·
Registered
675 Posts
I guess if you were in the bay area there Nichols Manufacturing in Milpitas, and Munroe Motors has two shops in San Fran. I've dealt with Munroe and they're great but I've also never heard a bad thing about Nichols. If I was a paying customer I'd probably go to Nichols but Munroe would get all the warranty stuff. I would think you can't go wrong either way.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm not ready to do it on my 748 yet, but does anyone have an estimate on what it cost for the 12K tune-up w/ Scott Waters? I'd call, but my mouth will get me committed when I'm not really ready yet.

·
Registered
152 Posts
43Duc748 said:
I'm not ready to do it on my 748 yet, but does anyone have an estimate on what it cost for the 12K tune-up w/ Scott Waters? I'd call, but my mouth will get me committed when I'm not really ready yet.
Just give Scott a call, he is very cool guy and he can answer all your questions about price, parts, or whatever else you may want to ask him. Don't worry about committing anything, he has a waiting list that usually runs about a week so it's not like he is hurting for business.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for all your info....I will be calling Scott today..Just got back from track(thanks thetrackclub.com!) and had a amazing time on the bike. However my 748 keeps hitting false neutrals on downshifts which got a bit sketchy going into a few tight corners! Does anyone know what might cause that, pushrod?

·
Registered
969 Posts
Just had the 12K service on my 999. $1,000 irrespective of where in Los Angeles you choose to go. The dealerships I checked with included Delamo Motorsports, Beverly Hills Ducati and ProItalia. Pick your poison!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.