Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.
Looking for some help and info about the 848/1098/1198 swingarm.
I'm specifically looking for the dimensions of the swingarm.
Any help would really be appreciated.
Cheers.

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
if you want to know if it will fit the RC51 i will save you some time.

I bought one last winter and you will have to shave the legs on the ears, cut material off the header shock areas. wled and fab a holder for the shock link and the arm weighs tons more then the OEM as well as it is shorter, aside from that it might work:mad:

i have the numbers elsewhere and i will dig them up if you still would like them

·
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Been down this path.
All the dimensions are good for fitment, but the swingarm is 30mm longer than the SP-2 swinger.
Great if you want more of a touring type set up.

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
Been down this path.
All the dimensions are good for fitment, but the swingarm is 30mm longer than the SP-2 swinger.
Great if you want more of a touring type set up.

I don't know if i agree with the touring deal. i know most prefer keeping the wheel as far back as they can on the SP2 for stability and using a SSS for serious racing makes no sense so the 30mm is negligbile don't you think?

I have the VFR at 530mm i will measure the sp2 later

what are you planning on doing with your bike??

·
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a spare frame and motor and was looking into a single sided swingarm conversion with minimal issues.
The reason i was looking into the 1098 swinger is because i personally think it would suit the overall look of what i am trying to achieve.

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
I have a spare frame and motor and was looking into a single sided swingarm conversion with minimal issues.
The reason i was looking into the 1098 swinger is because i personally think it would suit the overall look of what i am trying to achieve.

i hear you i thought the same thing last year. I found the 1098 swingarm is nearly twice to 60% more in weight thrn the 51 though and that was a huge negative IMO. I also found the costs and mods needed would almost cost more then just having somebody like Mechanex or spondon make one proper you know?

I have a guy who will make us ones for the 51 and i have offered to supply the 51 arm donor. i think it was around $2000 each and they use all ducati stuff and he wants $1000 deposit on each to start if that helps?

·
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds like you've done quite a bit of research, but i've got access to quite afew machines at work, and friends that are quite capable of assisting me with welding modded brackets that will assist in fitting everything accordingly.
The weight is bit concerning, but it won't hold me back.
Have you had a chance to get those dimensions?

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts