Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
This space for rent
1,478 Posts
I'm surprised that Beartooth or Lolo pass weren't on that list. The Badlands is a nice ride but you can't really ride fast through there because of the tourists and traffic.

Chief Joseph highway is an awesome ride also.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
flagstaff to phoenix, 30 windy ass miles up the mountain, and a solid 100 of 2 lanes one direction top end sweepers DOWN into the valley. best fun ever for top end shit.

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Check me off...
299 H36
South San Francisco PCH1
Mount Palomar
North San Francisco PCH1

Too bad Deals Gap is 2,900 miles away... Mr.RC45 and I would have a 2 wheel orgasm at the Tail of the Dragon...

·
Registered
651 Posts
Deals Gap has become somewhat of a tourist attraction as well. There are plenty of better roads within 30 miles of the Gap, but I guess I can say I've been there.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Larry, sometime I'll show you what "the group" refers to as "The Isle of Rocky". I swear If I blindfolded you and put you there, you'd SWEAR you were up on the Mountain Course. Everything from 25 MPH sweepers to 150+ bomb runs. And it's 10 minutes from home............:D

Semper Fi! :rockon

-Rocky-

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Far too biased for rides in the western US, I assume because there are more motorcyclists, and these are the roads they have easier access to experience.

Northern AR and southern MO have several great routes with 25 mph corners, hills, blind turns, scenic vistas, and little to no traffic or HP. You can go for 20 minutes without ever meeting a car on some of these at certain times of the week.

There is a reason manufacturers have press rides in this area from time to time to introduce new bikes.

Best motorcycle rides - motorcycle rally Arkansas

·
2,737 Posts
299 from Redding to Arcata /the 101. Or as I refer to it, "How to trash a set of tires in one day."

Norcal at it's best.

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Far too biased for rides in the western US, I assume because there are more motorcyclists, and these are the roads they have easier access to experience.
Our roads pleasure you like a race track...

·
chimp on my shoulder
2,437 Posts
Check me off...
299 H36
South San Francisco PCH1
Mount Palomar
North San Francisco PCH1

Too bad Deals Gap is 2,900 miles away... Mr.RC45 and I would have a 2 wheel orgasm at the Tail of the Dragon...
you ain't missin much Larry, believe me. there are much, much better roads in that area that are not so heavily traveled/patrolled. besides nobody and I mean nobody can keep up with that yellow wolf guy.

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
you ain't missin much Larry, believe me. there are much, much better roads in that area that are not so heavily traveled/patrolled. besides nobody and I mean nobody can keep up with that yellow wolf guy.
Yellow who??? I'd have to keep up or go to the hospital trying...

·
Once bitten twice shy...
1,980 Posts
Please tell me of a better road than highway 36. I live with these roads, 299, 36, 96, 20 west to Fort Bragg. I might be a bit biased, but 36 is beautiful, flowing, carless after Mad River burger bar and the least amount of cops you'll ever see from 101 in Fortuna to the 5 in Red Bluff.

·
He with the senior member
5,671 Posts
I'll have to show you some much better roads than the Dragon, if you ever come across to the East Coast. THe Dragon is nice to run once or twice (mid week), but it's not near as fun a road as many others in that general area.

EDIT:OK, I see Johnnyisthedevil said the same thing!

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
I've raced a skilled rider like that before on the perverted highway... his name is
Andy Burnett... he is an instructor for the Kieth Code Superbike School and he
rides an ST1100 to the max... but still you got options if you just hang back and
wait until he...

1) Looses a little ground
2) His riding looks rough
3) Gets on the brakes too much
4) Runs out of corner clearance

·
Registered
238 Posts
Ugh, talking about the Dragon is making me hate winter even more. Couple of pics from this summer to make me think of warmer days

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
No, but I'll give my bud a call tomorrow and find out

·
...clink...!
1,725 Posts
I'll have to show you some much better roads than the Dragon, if you ever come across to the East Coast. THe Dragon is nice to run once or twice (mid week), but it's not near as fun a road as many others in that general area.

EDIT:OK, I see Johnnyisthedevil said the same thing!
Lake Logan road SE of Maggie's Valley is one of my faves over there.
One of the few benefits of living in TX is it's right in the middle of all areas.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts