Speedzilla Forums banner
121 - 140 of 915 Posts
Discussion starter · #121 ·
BadMotoWeazal said:
I took off the large plastic mounting bracket. Lined up the tag on the remaning rear fender. Marked & drilled the tag & mounted it with the bracket bolts.
I think I'll throw mine on the rear fender vertically. I was just checing to see if anyone had any other great ideas first. Thanks!

Dave said:
I think I'll throw mine on the rear fender vertically. I was just checing to see if anyone had any other great ideas first. Thanks!
Dave, if you're planning on mounting your plate as I've mounted mine on my 510, you may be interested to know that I rubber dampened my plate so that it wouldn't crack.

I received my Leo Vince exhaust today fron motoexotica! I know what I'm doing tomorrow :rockon . First thing in the morning, I am going to dyno the bike stock so I have a good starting point. Then it's home for the exhaust work and removal of the emissions crap. So what was the final word on a base to start jetting from?

yamatr3 said:
I received my Leo Vince exhaust today fron motoexotica! I know what I'm doing tomorrow :rockon . First thing in the morning, I am going to dyno the bike stock so I have a good starting point. Then it's home for the exhaust work and removal of the emissions crap. So what was the final word on a base to start jetting from?
You have a dyno? I need a home dyno.

Attachments

Well, I got nothing accomplished this weekend. Couldn't do my base dyno run, therefore I didn't put my pipe on. So then this morning, I went out on the Husky for my normal sunday morning ride. Rear turn signal lense broke, from vibrating against the exhaust can. Now I have a small coolant leak from the head gasket on the right side of the motor. Has anyone else noticed this? Does the head just need to be re-torqued or should I take it back to the dealer? What do you guys think? :banghead

yamatr3 said:
Well, I got nothing accomplished this weekend. Couldn't do my base dyno run, therefore I didn't put my pipe on. So then this morning, I went out on the Husky for my normal sunday morning ride. Rear turn signal lense broke, from vibrating against the exhaust can. Now I have a small coolant leak from the head gasket on the right side of the motor. Has anyone else noticed this? Does the head just need to be re-torqued or should I take it back to the dealer? What do you guys think? :banghead
Hi,that seams(spelling?) to be a common problem here too.Many complain about that; actually,someone think that is a leeak from the gasoline switch(peacock?) under the gas tank(right one...)
Anyway,the dealers here solved the problem retouquering the head bolts.
PS:Husqvarna is issuing a "recall-kit" to be installed by the dealers to solve "some" problem.....And,NO, my byke does not show this kind of problems so far :eek:

Problems

I've had the fuel petcock leak...2 wires are attached to the petcock one is a ground the other is sealed into the petcock itself. The leak usually comes through the sealant used to seal the wire entering the petcock. It was resolved by JB Weld. My dealer mailed me a new one. So far so good....My head is "sweating"a little fluid, but only after Pushing it a little. I'm glad to hear torquing the head bolt should resolve this...I Love this bike

Dave said:
Awesome DP! Thanks for that link!!!

Pipe looks great, what do you think of irt so far? Is it loud?
Just got home from the Rich Oliver Mystery School. Flat tracking TTR125s! It was a freaking blast but I can barely walk now. We did qualifying times and races.

Anyway the LeoVince is pretty quiet at idle. Maybe quietier than stock till you open it up and then it gets pretty loud. Best to keep the revs down around cops and residential areas. Low end and mid range is noticeably increased. The bike revs out a lot better also. It's worth the cost and then some.

Center Stand

I've noticed a couple of mounting places on the bottom of the bike...Looks like a center stand could be mounted on the bottom of the bike. Does anyone know if Husky makes one?

Discussion starter · #137 ·
dukepilot said:
Just got home from the Rich Oliver Mystery School. Flat tracking TTR125s! It was a freaking blast but I can barely walk now. We did qualifying times and races.

Anyway the LeoVince is pretty quiet at idle. Maybe quietier than stock till you open it up and then it gets pretty loud. Best to keep the revs down around cops and residential areas. Low end and mid range is noticeably increased. The bike revs out a lot better also. It's worth the cost and then some.

Sounds like you had a great time.

I'll wait until spring to decide what I want to do about exhaust. I'd love to see a system like this for the new 610...

Attachments

Dave said:
Sounds like you had a great time.

I'll wait until spring to decide what I want to do about exhaust. I'd love to see a system like this for the new 610...
Nice, twin Akras. Akrapovic will probably come out with a pipe for the 610 by spring time. Arrow already has one with a stainless header. Haven't seen it yet but Joe at www.motostrano.com can probably get one. It's several hundred less than the Leo V. Haven't seen any pics or dyno charts yet for the Arrow.

Removed the clutch cover today to clean out the right side screen. It wasn't really necessary since the screen was very clean. In the future, I'll just do the left side screens at every oil change and the right side every 5th oil change or so.

Although it was clean, I'm glad I did it. I had lots of crap the first couple of oil changes in the left side screens. Very little if any debris this time. Also checked the torque on the nuts/screws securing the head The front nut under the head needed a little tightening with a 13mm wrench. All the other nuts/screws seemed to be OK. The nuts on top of the right side of the head are 11mm. Hopefully this will prevent some of the leaky head gaskets I've been hearing about.

Discussion starter · #140 ·
I pulled the left screen yesterday when I changed the oil. I found what appeared to be little chunks of gasket material, and some metal shavings. I also pulled off the cover for the oil pump, just because I'm curious. I don't recommend taking that off. It was a bit of a challenge to get it put back together.

That was my second oil change. The first was at 200 miles, and this one was at 375 miles. I'm sure I could have waited much longer, but with a little track time on the bike, I figured it couldn't hurt.

I do have a little coolant seaping on the right side of the head gasket. I glanced through the shop manual that DP posted to try and find the torque specs for the head bolts, but didn't have much luck. It's not major, just a hint of blue on the gasket.

121 - 140 of 915 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.