Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: 06 R1 (Giannis)

Are those forged aluminum Marchesinis?

Looks like pretty much the same engine and chassis we have now, with some different bodywork. If this is a real preview, it looks like our dream M1 replica is a few years off at best...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 06 R1 (AZ Scott)

they will have a R7 kinda bike for a few selected people... they wouldnt want to have two M1 replicas on the same catalog..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

If that's the trend of sportbikes to come, so be it. I'm glad I got a 04 ZX10R. I don't want to buy a new 1000 for a while. That's fugly IMO. The 98 R1 is the bomb. None of the R1 bikes after it can beat it's style so far.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: 06 R1 (dj_wawa)

The aero dynamics look real bad. Looks to cut air slightly better than a naked bike.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

My guess is that this is pretty accurate approximation....heard from folks that the R1 and R6 are going to be very different looking....don't think that what I heard was wrong.

Some thoughts....Scott was right in picking up on the wheels...but the front is a ten spoke and the rear is an eight spoke....most curious.

The front fairing now totally divorces the headlight unit from the fairing...instead of being a cutout for the headlight, it now terminates at the headlight..I like that.

The seat is now way bigger and extends into the area that was the gas tank, with a big curve up (super idea as I turned down a super deal on a 748S because the gas tank was a real ball buster for a short rider like me who scoots closer)...much softer for the family jewels.....and what looks like a truncated gas tank is not a gas tank at all but an air box...the gas is now carried lower behind the frame/below the seat.

The front fender now has an aero lip on top and does NOT extend past the forks...way different.

The side fairings are now multi-segment....could be good, could be bad....adds $$$$ to any replacement work......

But I like working the turn signals into the fairings instead of the traditional way of just being some piece of add on work sticking out like an afterthought.

The mirrors appear to have a light strip on top that is also a turn signal...nice.

Bottom fairing is quite puzzling....big cutout for the pipes....not what I would like....don't know why they did not integrate the exhaust into the lower fairing instead of the underseat design that is all the rage...won't be for long, I can assure you.

Swingarm is wildly triangulated....like that a lot....means that you can dial in whatever stiffness that you want...a triangle is nature's best design.

Rearset has an extension behind the peg that is puzzling.....what would it be for?

Airbox looks monstrous...no longer a snout, now a street sweeper.

Lower fairing now appears to sweep up and bolt into the engine.....what is that all about?

Overall....A++++++ on design.....serious concerns about now having eightyeleven pieces to deal with and an open lower fairing where there should be an exhaust can.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I must say, this might be my favorite R1. I love how angular it is.

Roadkill, look carefully, the rear wheel is 10 not 8 spoke

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That area underneath/behind the headlights looks weird, IMO. It's like it's missing a piece or something.

Hey Giannis... got any '06 Kawi ZX-10R pics?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

The more I look at this image, the more I doubt it's anything official. Probably drawn by someone who may have some kind of inside information about what the next R1 might look like.

When I look at the '04/'05 compared to this one, I see the exact same frame, engine, and swingarm.

In addition, while I think it would be cool for the bike to come with Marchesinis, I really doubt it would also have Brembo brake rotors - funny how the wheels and brakes look exactly like the ones on a Ducati 999.

I think someone's just having some fun.

As for the looks of this particular bike, I think it looks alright. I'm not overly thrilled with it, but I don't hate it either. I think the R1 series has gotten better looking with each incarnation, but this one kind of reverses that trend.

You know what, though? Pull off the lowers, change the clip-ons to some flatter superbike bars, and you've got an FZ1 that would fly off the showroom floors!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: 06 R1 (Tripod-R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tripod-R »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That area underneath/behind the headlights looks weird, IMO. It's like it's missing a piece or something.

Hey Giannis... got any '06 Kawi ZX-10R pics?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Here is a few photochops.......

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

it's a benelli photoshoped with an r1,this photo has been around r1 forums for a while.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Giannis »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well ok, sorta.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: 06 R1 (Tripod-R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tripod-R »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That area underneath/behind the headlights looks weird, IMO. It's like it's missing a piece or something.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's got bigger ram air intakes. Me Likey.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts