Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw in the new Sport Rider the ZX6RR redlines at 16,500 RPM. That's crazy....... I was thinking about getting a 04 ZX6RR. 16,500 RPM makes me say hmmm.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: 05 ZX6RR.................... (SP8)

i rode with two guys on saturday, one had a new R6 and the other had a zxr600 and the yami wailed on it FWIW

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 05 ZX6RR.................... (mrgrn)

Was the Kawi a 05 636, or a 600. If it was a 636 the guy on the R6 is a better rider. That may be the case anyway.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: 05 ZX6RR.................... (SP8)

Although many bikes can potentially be very close, some are better than others. For example, I have seen many Suzukis and Hondas get excellent results due to rider skill. Ducs also have potential....I have seen 999's beat SV650's and seriously challenge older R6's. As always, sometimes it is the bike, sometimes it is the rider.....it is all fun and better than anything that is not self-propelled....summer is almost here, so have fun and keep it safe.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: 05 ZX6RR.................... (roadkill)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by roadkill »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ducs also have potential....I have seen 999's beat SV650's and seriously challenge older R6's.</TD></TR></TABLE>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: 05 ZX6RR.................... (roadkill)

I just bought an 05 ZX6R ( 636 ) 2 weeks ago as my race bike , it has some trick stuff on it including the slipper clutch.
Comming off of an 01 R6 , Im very happy with the new bike and I cant wait to get my Armour Bodies (that were due here wednesday) , Damper and DSC's on it and get to VIR on the 23rd.

Here she is the day I brought her home , awaiting her transformation.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: 05 ZX6RR.................... (999Duc)

Congrats on the Kawi! You're going to love it.

For the gentleman a few posts back, it is *always* the rider... never the bike.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: 05 ZX6RR.................... (900CR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 900CR »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Congrats on the Kawi! You're going to love it.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks Rob , I told you I was going to get one and it has already impressed me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: 05 ZX6RR.................... (999Duc)

for the money, the 05 ZX6RR is the most potent package on the market; radial brakes, petal rotors, slipper, etc. it's an amazing buy for the money. if i could, i'd get one to compliment my 996.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: 05 ZX6RR.................... (hubert)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hubert »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">for the money, the 05 ZX6RR is the most potent package on the market; radial brakes, petal rotors, slipper, etc. it's an amazing buy for the money. if i could, i'd get one to compliment my 996.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats how I looked at it , but then I looked a little closer.
The RR ( 600 ) is a really nice bike , I even had a deposit on one at first.
But since WERA allows the R (636) to be raced in the C Superstock class
"their 600 class " , has the same major goodies on it as the RR PLUS the 37cc advantage out of the box , not to mention it is actually $200 or so cheaper than the RR , I figured I would get one and see what it's all about.

You are right Hubert , It seems amazing for the money what this bike has on it , including the radial mount calipers, slipper clutch , wave rotors , the 4 pad calipers , all things that my
05 999 parked beside it doesnt have for almost triple the money , but I guess thats apples Vs oranges as they say.

Oh , and seeing these things putting down 112-115HP on a dynojet 250 in stock form is also pretty cool.

Now all I need is Talent.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: 05 ZX6RR.................... (hubert)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hubert »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">for the money, the 05 ZX6RR is the most potent package on the market; radial brakes, petal rotors, slipper, etc. it's an amazing buy for the money. if i could, i'd get one to compliment my 996.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ditto, I love that bike
I'd buy one and try to keep my nose clean in the 600 class

-Tifosi

1 - 11 of 11 Posts