Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have gotten the itch to build or buy an aluminum CR500, so the YZ has to go. I have had the bike since 06' It was the backup bike for a local AMA supermoto guy.

16.5" front Excell on a Talon hub, rear is 5" wide Excell on a Talon hub, Motomaster front brake system with Steel line, Jardine supermoto exhaust system, 13:1 CP piston,Hot Cams, head has been ported, K&N filter, frame guards and Devol rad braces, Near new Maxxis slicks, Tag bars with bark busters, this bike has been very well taken care of. I have all the dirt and stock parts that will go with it as well, along with a near new set of professionally made Ice tires, and a factory service manual.

Located in Central Iowa.

Looking for around $5,000.00

Pictures on request, I can't seem to get them resized to post.

Paul G

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Offers anyone? I haven't even had one tire kicker. If the price is too high, where do I need to be to sell this thing? I am scared to add up how much money I have invested in this bike.

I may just end up keeping it, I can't justify giving it away just to get rid of it. I may have to wait a while on the AF.

Later

Paul G

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It depends on the offer I guess. I have thought about it before. it seems like the bike might be a little easier to sell with a lower price tag and fewer extra parts to go with it.

Later

Paul G

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
At this point, I have had a few offers to buy parts, but no offers on the bike. My plans aren't going to work out if I don't sell the bike, so I guess I will be keeping it for a while.

If someone decides they want the bike, my offer to sell for $4400 without the ice tires in the deal still stands.

Paul G

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tried that already. Not even a bite over there. Had a lot of guys want to steal the wheels and sm specific parts, but nobody willing to give what they are worth. I did have one guy from MN. who called and wanted to buy. Was going to call the following Saturday to come and look. Never called or showed up. I hate it when that happens. You wait around all day for a guy to call and he flakes on you.

This is a great bike, I just wanted something different. It will work for me for another season. Not a big deal. I don't really need to sell it, so the guys who want to play games can keep on playing. Maybe interest will go up once the season gets closer. Too bad that by then the bike I really wanted will be sitting in someone elses garage.

later

Paul G

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a friend who wants to buy the sm parts, so if anyone is interested in this bike in dirt trim, give me a shout. I really didn't want o have to sell it like this, but drastic measures are required.

Paul G

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The local track just closed, someone make me an offer. sm parts and all. is $4200 out of line? I will drive to meet buyer. I don't want anyone to buy this thing without seeing and hearing it run first. Please keep it within reason.

paul G

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
now in dirt trim

I parted out the sm stuff, so it is back to being a dirt unit. Wheels/tires/front brake/and rear sprocket are in new condition as it has been a sm bike all it's life.

I only sold the wheels/brakes/front fender/exhaust/and bark busters, all other items still go with the bike as listed.

I took it to trade it in on an EXC, but they only offered me $2900 on trade, so that is what I am selling it for. I would rather sell it to a private party than have a dealer get it for $2900 and mark it up.

Come and get it out of my garage. It is a great bike, I just need something streetable, or another CR500.

Paul G

I have it listed on our club site where pictures will load due to large size.

www.ciamr.com in the classified section.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts