Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At our local shop, they have a new black 999S on the floor, and it's quite nice looking. I can't help thinking how much sweeter it would have looked if it had a red frame and wheels...

Just thought I'd share. Anyone else seen one of these yet? Whaddya think?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: '05 999S in Black... (900CR)

holy cow, with the gloss black paint.... it would be hard not to make that my next bike....

beeea-utiful

then again.... any idea what it would cost to strip down a brand new bike, paint the frame/wheels and put it back together?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: '05 999S in Black... (monarc)

That looks like my bike.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by monarc »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
then again.... any idea what it would cost to strip down a brand new bike, paint the frame/wheels and put it back together? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Probably be much easier/cheaper to get a 05 999 in red (comes with red frame) and just get the bodywork/tank painted black and the wheels (and maybe subframe?) painted red.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: '05 999S in Black... (jager)

About 8+- hours labor to strip frame and put back together

Powder coat frame and two wheels- $200

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: '05 999S in Black... (AZ Scott)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AZ Scott »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">At our local shop, they have a new black 999S on the floor, and it's quite nice looking. I can't help thinking how much sweeter it would have looked if it had a red frame and wheels...

Just thought I'd share. Anyone else seen one of these yet? Whaddya think?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I saw a spectator cruising around the pits at Summit Point on a black one...very nice looking bike

-Tifosi

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

buy a red one, find someone with a black 05 999s that wants a red bike with black frame and switch bodywork.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: '05 999S in Black... (froggert)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by froggert »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">buy a red one, find someone with a black 05 999s that wants a red bike with black frame and switch bodywork.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Exactly! Then all you have to do is get the wheels done.

900CR, that pic definitely shows the idea. Then you add the fact that the 999S has Ohlins front and rear, radial brakes, the newer hopped-up motor, the "R" type swingarm, and glossy paint, and you've got one shweeeet ride...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AZ Scott »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">At our local shop, they have a new black 999S on the floor, and it's quite nice looking. I can't help thinking how much sweeter it would have looked if it had a red frame and wheels...

Just thought I'd share. Anyone else seen one of these yet? Whaddya think?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Saw it.

I had the exact same thought, needs a red frame & wheels.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: (MV-999R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MV-999R »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I would skip the red wheels.</TD></TR></TABLE>

OK... Red frame, black wheels then...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: (900CR)

Ducati Seattle did this one... My favorite
Scott, you're right... These would look great with the new '05 swingarms and radial brakes.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: (900CR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 900CR »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

OK... Red frame, black wheels then...

</TD></TR></TABLE>

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: (MV-999R)

OK... Here's a twist. Black bodywork, red wheels, silver-gray frame.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

swapping body work makes a whole lot more sense
you guys are making these bikes look way too do-able.

can anyone understand why most manufacturers cover their bikes in goofy splash graphics and multi-paneled body work when one color looks so good??

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by monarc »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">swapping body work makes a whole lot more sense
you guys are making these bikes look way too do-able.

can anyone understand why most manufacturers cover their bikes in goofy splash graphics and multi-paneled body work when one color looks so good??

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm not sure what you're talking about... Kawasaki Green looks great!

Back on topic, here's Trussdude's pumped 999R. Very nice!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts