Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
03 PC3R installed on a 00 problem....

I just finished swapping an 03 throttle bodies, air box and ECU into my 00.
I also upgraded to a PC3R from my PC2. Without the PC3R installed the bike starts, runs and idles fine. Once i install the PC3R, the bike does not start, But when I disconnect the small red plug that is on the left side on the engine, and reconnect it's original plug, the bike starts fine. I'm aware of the fact that this PC3R that i bought is for a 02-05, that's why i changed the ECU, i guess there is more i'd have to do.
Does anyone have an idea what else i'd have to change to be able to still use the
PC3R that I already have. I realize that if this leads to me having to change all electrical components i'd be nuts to do it, just wondering what my options are.

I checked the MIL but it has no trouble codes.
Also I checked the wiring schematic and the only thing that this would interfear with is a single yellow wire that goes straight to the ECU, position B22 from the ignition pulse generator. And the ECU is from an 03.
So my question now is, how different is a PC3r for a 00-01, and 02-05 in regards to the ignition pulse generator wire/situation????
That is the only thing that gets tapped into in this case.
I checked the part type nymbers b/w 00-01 and 02-05 pulse generators and they are the same.
Come on guys, i've read some pretty clever things on this site, and a lot of helpful/knowledgeble people hang out here, any ideas?

I haven't checked the wiring on the PC3R yet, my volt meter leads are broken. I'll pick up a new set tommorrow, that's next.
Thanks to all, Karl.

Modified by kprc51 at 11:55 PM 6/25/2005

Modified by kprc51 at 11:58 PM 6/25/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 03 PC3R installed on a 00 problem.... (kprc51)

Last I heard The PC's were the same through the model years, it just came down to what map you loaded.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: 03 PC3R installed on a 00 problem.... (Just Riding Along)

The map loaded is for PC3R for Full Arrow system right off of the DynoJet website.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Dyno Jet list 2 part numbers for the PC111r for the sp2 and the sp1.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Did you try phoning or emailing Dyno-Jet directly? I've done both and got quick replies when I had questions.

"USA - call us Toll-Free - 1-800-992-4993"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: 03 PC3R installed on a 00 problem.... (sp2pilot)

Dynojet lists 2 different part numbers for sp1 and sp2 bikes but they're actually the same pc3r. The only difference is the base map.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts