Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have had my RC for less than a year and for the first few months she road fine. Then it started to run funny like it was low on power. I would ride it and it would jerk like it want to go and then it would just take off. It did this for a month and now it I start it and keep the RPM up she will run but if I let go it will turn off and will not start up for a few days . So I try it a few days later and the same thing happened. Don’t know what to do; I love this bike just want to ride so I’m hoping the RC Gods on here can help.
Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh,
and the dealer want $100 an Hr just to look at it.

·
post whore extraordinaire
21 Posts
Im no god by ANY means, but Ill throw in even if I get flamed later. Fuel pump? battery? Im thinking it takes some juice to keep the pump running, or you got something in the tank. How does it sound when you crank it over? do you have a Power commander? These things will help diagnose your problem quicker. Good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will check the battery, has no PC and nothing in the tank. I know its running Rich.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Two quick things to do: check the spark plugs and run a fuel flow test.
Could be a bad ignition coil, a soiled plug (though to the best of my knowledge these iridium things will take LOT of abuse) or a clogged up fuel filter.

PS: 100 bucks an hour? I know specialized MD's who charge less... :confused:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Check the fuel pressure regulator, pull the vent line off it if there is fuel in it then it is shot and needs to be replaced. This will cause the bike to run stupid rich. Also check for error codes this will help to point to a sensor that might be failing. Come to think of it the baro sensor has been known to cause some of your symptoms as well
HTH

James.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
I think most problems like you describe are a bad wire connector...usually a ground. They can be tough to locate though.....just inspect them thoroughly.

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
I think most problems like you describe are a bad wire connector...usually a ground. They can be tough to locate though.....just inspect them thoroughly.

+1 with RAZR51,...
BUT I would FIRST check the Battery connections and it's Charge with Your VOLT meter, then make sure They (connections) BOTH are Tight! Then, weather they are tight or Not, I would:>>>>-----> Disa. Batt. wires,.. wire brush the terminals and connectors then> Reas. Battery connections, with electro paste. FWIW: To Me it does sound electrical in nature... Fuel problem next.

As far as her (RC51) running "as You put it Rich" I would say without a Power Commander inline..... I find it real hard to believe this to be any part of the problem.. Unless for 3 things off\wrong:
#1) Something as "TDIMan" describes is wrong!..?
#2) You have removed the Thermostat and Your RC51 is NOT getting up to Normal operating Temp....?
#3) Last but NOT least... Left side, right where the "BIG 1/4 turn Screw" holds the fairing on, Your "Throttle Enricher" aka> "Choke" is stuck Open?
Check Your Spark Plugs.
My :twocents ;)

Let us all know WHAT You find out to be the Problem eh.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks I will try all this and let you know what happens.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts