Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, i toyed with the idea of trading my 01 996s for an f150 with a supercrew, and i was pretty much told they are a worthless truck (not exactly, but i'd be disapointed in the truck coming from a lightning). Well, gas for the lightning combined with insurance and payments are killing me, so i'm gonna try again. I'd be willing to trade both my bikes (yes, both running and in excellent shape) for either an f250/350 with a deisel or a ram 2500 with a cummins. Only requirement is the truck be in good running shape and 4wd (and be worth about what the 2 bikes are worth) heres what i have to offer

2001 996S
~6000 miles
marvic magnesium wheels
STM EVO slipper
STM slave cylinder
STM rear sproket, renthal front sproket (14/39)
Mad duc GP rearsets
ohlins rear shock, showa Tin front forks
Termi Full 50mm system
Yoyodyne LW flywheel
ducati corse CF airbox, runner, rear hugger
CF oil breather box, true alum. mono subframe
Kevlar brakelines, Cf heel guards, CF swingarm protector, FBF gas cap, madduc underseat latch, plus much more i am probably forgetting. Bike has been dropped, but never wrecked (there are scratches on it from parking lot incidents) Much more i am probably forgetting

1999 ducati 748S
Feracci 855 bigbore kit, termi CF slipons, chipped
feracci slipper clutch
marsc. 5 spoke wheels
showa front forks with ohlins internals (set up for 190-200lb rider)
renthal rear sproket (14/42)
more i'm sure i'm forgetting

note: the 748 is a rebuild. Bike will include a damaged frame with clean title, as well as the bill of sale for the frame that is on the bike now(should make for easy paperwork) plastics are damaged, but easily repairable!

ALSO: Since i plan on buying a 749 or 999 next, i will include all spares that i have with these bikes (A few new STM sprokets, stock exhausts, Misc parts, etc. as well as stands for both the bikes)

Please email all serious offers to me at [email protected]

Thanks for the time guys....this is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking for a couple bike, or if you have a friend looking, send 'em my way! may also consider selling bikes seperatley if a decent offer is made.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
worth considering, have you thought of a Hemi Dodge crew cab?
I'm an old truck guy, but wouldn't mind owning one of those. On a trip I pulled down 19 MPG, and it'll smoke the tires with the best of them. Gas is also cheaper than diesel now. Diesel hurts these days, big time- I was spending $165 to fill my deuce and a half 6x6! :woot:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
sorry- I don't actually have one but drove one long enough to observe that I liked it a lot :) If you get a chance to drive one, take it. Just another option to consider, good luck in your search.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
389 Posts
Monster Man said:
worth considering, have you thought of a Hemi Dodge crew cab?
I'm an old truck guy, but wouldn't mind owning one of those. On a trip I pulled down 19 MPG, and it'll smoke the tires with the best of them. Gas is also cheaper than diesel now. Diesel hurts these days, big time- I was spending $165 to fill my deuce and a half 6x6! :woot:

Whats the price on diesel up there? It's about 2.65 a gallon down here. Motoxxx, I would love to trade ya, I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 Sport 4x4 with a HO Cummins, I rented it out to my brother in law though for $200 a week:D Where are you located, I'll get it back around Christmas if your still interested......Check into the new dodge power wagons, they are about 33000 brand new loaded with 4x4 and a cummins.:twocents
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
it topped out at $3.20 here, down now to about $3.00
regular gas is now to $2.90
sold the deuce but am right back in it with a '78 1 ton Chevy on 38.5" Boggers..... :banghead
Oh well, my half ton '73 gets a whopping 11MPG!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
263 Posts
If anybody cares, with a diesel truck, you can run bio-diesel which is produced right here in the US. it burns cleaner, is non toxic and smells much better ;-) can't do that with gas...

Ian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can also make bio deisel at a fraction of the cost. Deisel my way is about the same cost as premium. however, i know the deisel will get better mileage than the lightning (gas whore)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
well, it's not exactly that simple. You need a fuel heater because biodiesel gums up your very $$$$ injector pump, it needs to be hot for cold starts and you need to shut it off and supply it with regular diesel five minutes before you shut down to run all biodiesel out of the pump. There is one biodiesel station in town, and it averages $.20 more per gallon than regular #2 diesel.
Also, the local corporations have gotten wind of the new trend and locked in contracts to take all used oil from local restaurants. I have a feeling that will be the case nationwide as well. Cooking oil is much more expensive per gallon new, and that will be the only option when the used stuff is taken. Americans just don't eat that many french fries unfortunately :D It's a nice idea though


ians said:
If anybody cares, with a diesel truck, you can run bio-diesel which is produced right here in the US. it burns cleaner, is non toxic and smells much better ;-) can't do that with gas...

Ian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
263 Posts
You're speaking of a different type of alternative fuel. I'm speaking of soy bean extract which is processed differently and utilized differently. any diesel vehicle can quickly utilize this fuel without modifications (aside from normal routine maintenance things like fuel filters and in some cases, fuel lines). I run it in my old VW rabbit after years of using straight petroleum diesel w/o modification. You're right, it does cost more than regular diesel as it's not subsidized by the gov'nment like green diesel. I think that should change IMO.

Ian

Monster Man said:
well, it's not exactly that simple. You need a fuel heater because biodiesel gums up your very $$$$ injector pump, it needs to be hot for cold starts and you need to shut it off and supply it with regular diesel five minutes before you shut down to run all biodiesel out of the pump. There is one biodiesel station in town, and it averages $.20 more per gallon than regular #2 diesel.
Also, the local corporations have gotten wind of the new trend and locked in contracts to take all used oil from local restaurants. I have a feeling that will be the case nationwide as well. Cooking oil is much more expensive per gallon new, and that will be the only option when the used stuff is taken. Americans just don't eat that many french fries unfortunately :D It's a nice idea though
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If anyone is intrested in purchasing either of these bike, i am asking $6000 for the 855, and $10,000 for the 996s. Remember, these prices ARE NEGOTIALBE! I have some bills to pay off, so don't be afraid to make offers, just nothing rediculious! thanks all
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top