Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup everyone!

Would anyone know how to remove (lift up) a 748 tank. I am trying to install some new filters but can't seem to lift my tank. This is my 1st Duc so I am new working at this. My R1 had a clip under neath and I just pulled my tank up and it came right off. If any of you Duc gods could help it would be great.

Thanks

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: 01' 748 Tank Removal? (Dr. Duc)

There is a 5mm allen bolt at the back of the tank under the seat. Take that out and then lift up a little to disconnect the fuel lines and the fuel pump power. After that just lift.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: 01' 748 Tank Removal? (section8superbike)

Thanks a million. I knew I was not doing something right.

Thanks again.

Tim

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you are taking the tank off, be careful of the quick connect fittings. They will break rather easily if you are not familiar with how they work. Look at it for a few seconds before and you will see how they work.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had taken the tank off many times and never realized that the quick disconnects on the bottom of the tank have clips that push in slightly when inserting the fuel lines.
If you don't push them in when reconnecting the fuel lines, eventually they'll chip the o-rings and dump fuel everywhere, as I found out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts