"projects" sub forum. - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-20-2012, 11:32 PM Thread Starter
chimp on my shoulder

Send a message via Yahoo to johnyisthedevil
"projects" sub forum.

since there seems to be so much fewer people on the sight these days( or maybe they are just less active) I was thinking we could have one catch all spot for builds and projects. It could contain threads like Nate's blue ninja thread, or Marks RC30 thread... etc. etc. I'm sure there are others that most of us are unaware of because they are in a sub-forum that is rarely ever viewed because there has been very little traffic there for years. like the hawk sub forum. Hell we may even be able to convince Stunna to put up a build thread about his incredible RC51 that we've all seen amazing pics of the thing, but there isn't one place to see it all. Shoot, I have a VFR cafe project that I'd be more than happy to share, I just haven't because I know it will get lost in the obscurity of the V4 section.

There is another forum that I belong too that has such a sub-forum and the traffic on that thing is is astounding. if you don't post an update every day you are relegated to page 5 in no time. sometimes it is so busy you post an update in the morning and by lunch you are on page three. It's a good place to share the love of Motorbikes and not be so segregated, to share ideas and get helpful advice as well.

just a thought let it marinade, chew on it, and let me know. I'll gladly spend a couple of hours doing a write up and posting pics to start it off, but there are already two threads that could easily take those honors. and there is also a certain early 90's Ducati rebuild that was a good read lately.

I think it needs to be clear though, this would be a "project bike" section not a "hey look at this random part I made contact me to buy one" section. perhaps it could be just under the Street and track section where it would get the most participation and traffic.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
06 rc51 banzai/Simons, pcIII,ohlins... the usual
94 vfr 750 cafe project
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-21-2012, 02:14 AM
Panigaliscious

Seems like a good idea.

1985 Honda VF1000R, 1990 Ducati 851, 2008 YZ450F
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-21-2012, 08:36 AM
-_-

Johny,

do you think it would be a good idea to detach the threads from their specific subforums and then stuff them into one big project bike forum?

Not sure because many people just want to see their Ducatis, others their RC51 and nobody gives a shit about Kawasakis (Sorry Nate! ).

Tbh, sure, we can give it a go. We have tried a parallel twins section which obviously didnŽt work quite well, so why not have a project bike forum. You guys just have to use it, otherwise weŽll kill it off again after some weeks.

Any other thoughts on this?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-21-2012, 11:35 AM
Big Thymer

I think it's a good idea too. Driving additional readers to the site via a diversity of bikes can't be a bad thing in the eyes of VS.

The only drawback is the amount of "projects" people start and never finish. This seems to be a trend among all forums, motorcycle related or not. The frequency with which we see this type of threads threads can be low too.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-21-2012, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
chimp on my shoulder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben710 View Post
Johny,

do you think it would be a good idea to detach the threads from their specific subforums and then stuff them into one big project bike forum?

Not sure because many people just want to see their Ducatis, others their RC51 and nobody gives a shit about Kawasakis (Sorry Nate! ).

Tbh, sure, we can give it a go. We have tried a parallel twins section which obviously didnŽt work quite well, so why not have a project bike forum. You guys just have to use it, otherwise weŽll kill it off again after some weeks.

Any other thoughts on this?
My thinking is yes. why?
Because the actual traffic here is nowhere near what it once was, even if VS says we have 1300 people online viewing the forums. Lets be real, there are probably 50 at most, and maybe 30 who regularly post. there used to be days just a few short years ago when there would be new posts two pages deep. we now have 12 ducati subs most of which see very little action. we have a hawk and super hawk section both of which are pretty much dead.aside from two posters.
the parallel twins? really? that was brought about simply as tongue in cheek retaliation against a certain poster. there really should have been a wankle/rotary section right along side that. it would have been in the same spirit. . . I could go on all day

long story short we are a shrunken "family" in a house with far too many rooms. The interaction between everybody is waning because we have spread ourselves too thin. I was just thinking it would be a "family dinner table" if you will. A place where we could all share what we have going on as motorcyclists, not a segregated group. Sure I Am a 51er and like the RC51 builds, but these days there are very few. I don't ride supermoto and never look at that section cause it's dead, that doesn't mean that I haven't seen some sick supermoto conversions...or choppers, or cafes, or Ducatis or what ever. If somebody wants their build in two places why the hell can't I have my build thread in the build section( where it would be more likely to reach more people) and the v4 section(where it would likely get very little traffic, but could be easier for to find for a person with a specific search in mind)

I say put it up. I think it's a good idea. it is mine after all. if we do try it and it doesn't work out, kill it off; however there are many other sub forums that should have been either consolidated or killed off long ago.

perhaps there needs to be a poll in the Street and Track( most active) section as a yay or nay if the people that are ACTUALLY here would like one. I'd post one up, but have never been able to figure out how. lol

94 vfr 750 cafe project
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-21-2012, 07:28 PM
-_-

There you go Johny:
Project bikes - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

PM or post in here me if you want any threads moved into that category.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 08:22 AM Thread Starter
chimp on my shoulder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben710 View Post
There you go Johny:
Project bikes - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

PM or post in here me if you want any threads moved into that category.
cool deal, have't been on for a couple days. looks like you've been busy cleaning the place up. lol. Will get busy posting up a thread as soon as I get a chance.

94 vfr 750 cafe project
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode