3 months of moderation - your thoughts - Page 3 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums
View Poll Results: moderation
yes itīs a good thing, keep it 16 66.67%
no thanks, we can do without it 8 33.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-24-2012, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
Thanks Jami for the great example of the hate and inappropriate comments Ben is trying to curtail.
Seemed like a level headed post to me that is well within the rules?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-24-2012, 01:24 PM
Big Thymer

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.miller123 View Post
I think you should start the bannings "survivor" style.
Ha ha.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #43 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-24-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrn View Post
the second thread is a joke, really i still laugh. I sold the guy a $75 filler panel that looks mint. He claims i was supposed to make him a filler that fits his exact exhaust even though i sold it as a semi univeral i have sold literally 50 of with no issues before. He said refund me the money and i told him to show what needed to be done and i would make another one off custom even though i was under no obligation to make another and ship it to australia somehow i because your scammer and i was wating in the dark to rip him off and if that is how you see that thread so be it he was the only negative feeback out of hundreds of transaction there so i guess i needed 1 to show i was not perfect.

you act as if you grabbing parts off the shelf then patting your back for a great product is the same as making the parts yourself and dealing in a person by person basis.I do what i can and continue to grow and learn and offer better and more parts i am not sure how i have let the net down Mike
For the most part I have stayed out of the bantering, however after reading your spew in this thread I feel like chiming in here as a unsatisfied customer.

Your saying you have only had 1 negative feed back ? What happened to the 2 SEPARATE incidents that I had talked to you about your crap that you sold me ? I have the emails/PM's if your going to argue against it also or try to make up excuses. I am 100% truthful in my words and have absolutely no reason to hide/change anything.

Let me start off with a little background here so everyone knows whats going on. A few years a go a good friend bought a carbon front fender from Mark along with some radiator fins and heel guards. At the time I had just got my bike and wasn't a member on this forum yet but I thought the radiator fins were cool and same with the fender. The fender ended up giving the bike a huge head shake at highway speeds and when my friend contacted Mark about he he told him he didn't understand why but he would make him another fender to fix the problem. At that point I had only been on his website and saw a few things I wanted but had no idea of his reputation.

I ordered a few things from him all in carbon. Fender, rear hugger, chain guard, frame protectors and a windshield. It took a month and a half to get this stuff from him and by that point he had stopped responding to my friend who had sent him his fender back to be fixed and to this day still never got anything back. I had also inquired when i ordered about getting the swing arm cover from him and was given a price of $175 but I passed on that.

Once i received the parts I noticed a few things, the front fender had a dimple in it and wasn't smooth, but when it was on the bike it really wasn't noticeable and let it go. The rear hugger had a bunch of scratches in it from the way it was packed during shipping, but after some polishing compound most of them came out and I let it go also.

I finally got the frame protectors and that is when i contacted Mark about my problems. They did not fit the bike at all and I was rather shocked that they were supposed to be double sided sticky taped onto the frame. I sent him pictures of everything and his response was he didn't understand why they don't fit he has made hundreds of them and they all come off of the same mold so they are good. After giving him the kind of money I just had for all of this stuff I was a little shocked at that customer service response, but again at that point I did not know about his reputation. I ended up having to take a dremel and trim about a 1"x1" notch in them to clear the bung on the frame for the radiators. Apparently he did not take this into consideration when he made his mold, or the 100's of others that have bought them done have radiators on their bikes ? After they were finally on I realized that they rubbed the side plastics causing wear on the decals/paint and I took them off. They are now sitting in the garage collecting dust. Never once did I receive a offer to take them back, refund me the money i spent on them or fix the problem. Just a excuse that others had been fine so mine should be too.

Shortly after that is about when I joined this site and RC51forums and quickly with out even meaning to stumbled upon Mark and his reputation. I once again asked mark about the swing arm cover as my swing arm is all chipped up and I did not see any other way of fixing it other than buying a new swing arm. The price went up to $225 this time for the same part and I was baffled. I had also inquired about getting a different set of frame protectors made, ones that fit and actually covered the entire frame and did not receive any response on that.

Back over the summer I purchased a set of Turnone radiator scoops off of another member and knew that to install them I was going to have to cut up my V cowl to make them work. I reluctantly asked Mark for a price on a carbon one so I would not have to cut up my stock one in case I decide to sell the bike I could put it back to stock. I also asked about a CHEAP GP style muffler for a cafe/city beater project I was working on. I explained to him that I did not need anything fancy, I needed 1 and that I was trying to do the entire bike for under $500 including the bike. At the end I was a fool for buying the V cowl because it did not fit the bike in the slightest and none of the mounting holes lined up.He had told me after I ordered it he had some new better way of putting the screen on it to protect the oil cooler. When i received it, it looked like a piece of spray painted expanded aluminum you get at Home Depot and It was mucked on with globs of JB weld on the back and looked absolutely haggard. After confronting him about it he had the same excuses as before about it and never offered to fix it or refund for it. He also responded with a price of $400 for 2 mufflers, when I had already explained to him the entire bike was less than $500 and I only needed 1.

After seeing a post, where he is banned, on RC51forums about me telling someone to be weary of his mufflers because they have been known to come with out much packing material he sent me a PM on this site telling me he saw what I said and didn't appreciate him bad mouthing him. It resulted in a argument suprise suprise and at the end of the day I once again called him out on the problems he had never settled in the past and had nothing but excuses.

At this point I have learned my lesson with him. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. I will never ever buy another thing from him ever. And I still have useless parts sitting on the shelf in the garage/basement that are no good for anything. Both my buddy and I have decided to take his trinkets off of our bikes so that we are no longer supporting his horrible business practices.

I have seen multiple for sale threads where he has jumped in and either bashed the OP or tried to sling his parts to someone who had responded instead of letting them buy what they had originally responded too. As a "Vendor" he shouldn't be able to bash people and talk the way he does. If this was any other forum I am part of he, as a vendor, would have been banned long ago for his behavior. It is no way to run or conduct business or treat customers/possible customers.

__________________________________________________ ______
__________________________________________________ ______

As for the site goes, I have noticed that it has cleaned up a bit since moderators have been here. Maybe that will draw in more people and make it more active. I don't particularly like some of the restructuring of the sub forums, but that may be because I was so used to the old way that they were set up and I am sure I will get used to them.

Carry on

post #44 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-24-2012, 03:22 PM
Panigaliscious

Quote:
Originally Posted by sburns2421 View Post
Marge commenting on civility. Holy alternate universe Batman!
After reading the rest of the thread I see I am back in my usual universe

Attached Images

1985 Honda VF1000R, 1990 Ducati 851, 2008 YZ450F
post #45 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-24-2012, 03:39 PM

Burns...you just have to try harder!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode