Hello Everyone - Page 3 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 143 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 01:02 PM
Ducatilicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben710 View Post
VerticalScope : Driven by Enthusiasts

Look at their website, they´re making money out of selling ads to industry people and placing google ads via adwords and such.

The more users a business director sees online, the higher the probability of him spending money on advertising.

Maybe they´re using the displayed online members for something else, but that would be wild speculation on my end and far from fair play
Thank you Ben, seems to make sense. Admin, can you confirm or deny this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 143 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
Our server is on a larger network, and we know how to maximize google hits, to bring in the most traffic.

We will not change the site unless you the members would like something changed.

I work with the community to keep this place happy and healthy. No site is non-for-profit any site with an ad or with a membership or donation bar is making money. We do make money off the site, but we put that money back into the site as well.

Is there anything you would like to see from the site?
post #43 of 143 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 05:58 PM
Ducatilicious

Thank you... but just because I (and perhaps others) don't know .. how does a larger network equal to over 1K people consistantly viewing the street and track forum? I hear lots of talk about VS creating ghost traffic to boost ad income. Is there any data that supports an increase in registered users on Speedzilla?

post #44 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 02:10 AM
Panigaliscious

Why do you need to pay for ads anyway? Our local village idiot has five or six ad threads going at the moment selling everything from brake master cylinders to Cf exhausts....

1985 Honda VF1000R, 1990 Ducati 851, 2008 YZ450F
post #45 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 02:23 AM
Currently: Moderating

Quote:
Originally Posted by sburns2421 View Post
Why do you need to pay for ads anyway? Our local village idiot has five or six ad threads going at the moment selling everything from brake master cylinders to Cf exhausts....
Good point! Please raise the sponsor rates so high he can no longer afford to be a sponsor on this board. That would make things alot better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrn View Post
why don'y you do yourself a favor and put me on ignore

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #46 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
* increase in Guest traffic better explained :
1.When a site joins the motorcycle.com network, a few things happen that help those sites grow really fast. First, we introduce new SEO terms to the site in the title, headers, welcome messages, homepage posts, etc. These are designed to try and get as many guests looking for content, to find our site.
2. We add the site to our list of links on other related sites. The more sites you have that are similar in content (our motorcycle network as a whole), the more value Google gives to those sites.
3.It is very common when we bring a site on, to see 2-3x more guest visitors (and, as such, an increase in registrations, an increase in spammer attempts, etc) as we suddenly put the 'site on the map', so to speak.

- 'ghost users'
* To the question about 'ghost users' for ads or clicks, we do not, ever, create "ghost" accounts or break any of the Adsense or other network rules. The ad networks are very strict, and monitor all publishers like us very closely. We don't ever even click our own ads, we have tools from those networks to do the troubleshooting we need without even clicking on them. For both ad networks and for vendors, we have to be always truthful with what we serve, the number of people clicking, and it does us no good to have "fake users" clicking.
* Another reason you may notice a difference in the number of guests and members is we always raise the session timeout of users from the previous owner's values. Most sites have very low (15 minute) timeouts, which we find creates a lot of tickets and complaints about logouts. We generally lift that to several hours, which does cause vBulletin and similar software to report higher guest counts, as those guests are considered to be on for longer. If the timeout is 15 minutes, then that guest is seen for 15 minutes - if we raise it to an hour, that guest is on the site for an hour. That's probably part of what you're seeing with higher guest counts.
* The objective with a higher session timeout is, you've logged in, we have your session, if you step away for 30 minutes and come back to your screen, we want to reduce the number of times you login — weighed against making sure that nobody else can access your account.

Hope this clarifies.
post #47 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 06:11 AM
calculating status...

Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post
No one is getting banned for a comment like that. are you seeing ads while logged in?
Did you mean, "No one is getting banned for a comment like that?"

I think you did, and rightfully so.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #48 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 02:23 PM

How about adding a vendor or R&D section?

It may clear up some um..... Issues between members, and allow other sections to be more focused.

Just a thought.

FYI
That issue I mentioned to you awhile back in a PM, seems to have gone away.

03 RC51
04 CRF450R Supermoto
post #49 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughnut Spaghetti View Post
How about adding a vendor or R&D section?

It may clear up some um..... Issues between members, and allow other sections to be more focused.

Just a thought.

FYI
That issue I mentioned to you awhile back in a PM, seems to have gone away.
Brilliant Idea

post #50 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
what is the point of the R&B section?
post #51 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 04:32 PM

Quote:
That way if certain "vendors" want to "show" us products they are working on/developing they can post it in the appropriate section rather than clogging up the main discussion forum.
While we are at it can we have a V4 forum too.

post #52 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Like R. Kelly ?

03 RC51
04 CRF450R Supermoto
post #53 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 12:37 AM
Is Standing Behind You

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughnut spaghetti View Post
like r. Kelly :d?

bahahahahaha! :d:d:d

The Best Thing About Pain,
It Lets You Know You're Still Alive!!

"To those who judge me, have mercy upon my soul,
for i have walked a sinful path, in my quest for clarity"

Aussie Rider with 05 SP2. Dassualt, PCIII,
Smoked d/bubble, Corbin, Flapper, Smoked h/light Covers.
Devil eye conversion. Yoshi RS3, Flush mounts, Magical Racing C/F Hugger.

post #54 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banda View Post
Here's what I miss from the old days of Speedzilla:

Motorsports Gear. I liked the web store aspect. Fun shirts, Moto related novelty items, and decals.

And I liked Dave and Gerg, too.

I agree about the gear. I used to buy t-shirts and motorcycle models from the OLD speedzilla sight of 10+ years ago!
post #55 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 01:14 AM

LMAO really

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekybloke View Post
That way if certain "vendors" want to "show" us products they are working on/developing they can post it in the appropriate section rather than clogging up the main discussion forum.
While we are at it can we have a V4 forum too.

So let me guess these "vendors" are holding a gun to your head making you click on their thread? It kills me when people just cant ignore shit that has nothing to do with them. If your not interested in the thread by reading the title move on shut your mouth. You are always so quick to try to sensor people you should start your own speedzilla.communist.com that way you can moderate as you see fit for your own pleasure.
Next your going to ask all ad's to be removed because it clogs up the page and you may accidentally click on one which will distract your SZ browsing and cause someone somewhere to make a dime off your accidental click. So if they go with your proposal then it would only be fair for them to make an AD only section of the forum so we arent annoyed by them......
post #56 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrbear View Post
So let me guess these "vendors" are holding a gun to your head making you click on their thread? It kills me when people just cant ignore shit that has nothing to do with them. If your not interested in the thread by reading the title move on shut your mouth. You are always so quick to try to sensor people you should start your own speedzilla.communist.com that way you can moderate as you see fit for your own pleasure.
Next your going to ask all ad's to be removed because it clogs up the page and you may accidentally click on one which will distract your SZ browsing and cause someone somewhere to make a dime off your accidental click. So if they go with your proposal then it would only be fair for them to make an AD only section of the forum so we arent annoyed by them......
Irrational post of the year, without a doubt! We're only in June, but this can't be topped by anyone not named MrGrn!

Quote:

post #57 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 02:49 AM

irrational

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jami6989 View Post
Irrational post of the year, without a doubt! We're only in June, but this can't be topped by anyone not named MrGrn!

the only irrational post was made by cheekybloke!
post #58 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 05:25 AM

Quote:
the only irrational post was made by cheekybloke!
Perfectly coherent post by him in an attempt to clean up all the garbage threads from sections where they don't belong. It's forum sentiment, you're just an outlier/leghumper.

Quote:

post #59 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
Soooo lost now???

Where would we like this section?
post #60 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 04:12 PM

Quote:
So let me guess these "vendors" are holding a gun to your head making you click on their thread? It kills me when people just cant ignore shit that has nothing to do with them. If your not interested in the thread by reading the title move on shut your mouth.
Pot calling the kettle black eh!
Please take your attitude elsewhere.
Quote:
You are always so quick to try to sensor people you should start your own
It's Censor Tonto.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode