Speedzilla Forums banner

New girl in TN

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  SifuGR 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, new to the forums, but not to riding. Been riding for nearly 20 years and figured it up the other day, over 150,000 miles on 2. I have an '01 RC51 that I ADORE and will never give up. Looking to add either a 929 or a 954 to my garage in the not so distant future. Love riding and get out every chance I get. Moved from straight, flat Florida up to curvy, hilly middle Tennesse (Nashville area) almost a year ago and wish I'd done it 10 years ago! I love it here. Lots to do and some GREAT back roads to ride.

I'm looking for an exhaust for my beast and a buddy said this was the place to be!

Looking forward to seeing what all the site has to offer. :)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the "House of Misfits.." I have been in that parking lot, In front of that exact place (about five years ago) was also out for a ride on the Superhawk.

Looks as if you have an old Jardine exhaust on you RC now...:D
For more RC-51 info, and more RC-51 owners, There is that other forum RC51forum

#6 ·
Looks as if you have an old Jardine exhaust on you RC now...:D
For more RC-51 info, and more RC-51 owners, There is that other forum RC51forum
Thanks for the note! That place was super cool.

It's not a Jardine system. It's a Black Widow. Small company out of Cali that made exhausts mostly for R1s years ago. They have since gone out of business and I understand why. Nasty attitude when I bought the bike with the exhaust already on it, found them and called with a few questions. The guy I spoke with told me they had only made 5 sets for the RC and did NOT support them in any way becuase they had problems melting the tail sections. Awesome! Then, he made some rude comment about a girl not knowing shit about bikes anyway. Sadly, I LOVE the exhaust, both the looks and the sound, but the carbon fiber has been problematic and continues to crack and wear through the attachment which leaves the can loose and leaking. I really just want to ride the thing constantly and this has been a recurring headache. Wow, little bit of a rant there. :D

#7 ·
Welcome,

Beautiful place to live... Just moved back up here from Clarksville, when I got off of active duty...

Matt

#9 ·
Another welcomer

Understand your lust to move away from flat, straight Fla!
I get my Kicks in at JenningsGP mostly.
Surprising how many of us Keep the RC51 around!!!
Do listen to anything "LDH" advises you, he's done more R&D on the street going RC's than anyone else (Probably more than Honda)... Everyone else's opinion is just that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.