My 05 R1 Track Build. - Page 2 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
And Stateside again...

Originally this was going to be a slow Build process but I decided I wanted to ride it this year at Heartland park.

Forks with Ohlins 20mm kit are back, along with the Ohlins rear shock. and bike is back to being a roller and is now at my buddies to get bodywork fitted and painted.

Just bought a Used GPR V4 Damper to delete the factory damper and mount set up.

PC3 is installed and working on setting up the ignition switch delete. I hate needing keys for the track bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-14-2013, 07:51 AM
Member (Large)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLRSKUNK View Post
Originally this was going to be a slow Build process but I decided I wanted to ride it this year at Heartland park.

Forks with Ohlins 20mm kit are back, along with the Ohlins rear shock. and bike is back to being a roller and is now at my buddies to get bodywork fitted and painted.

Just bought a Used GPR V4 Damper to delete the factory damper and mount set up.

PC3 is installed and working on setting up the ignition switch delete. I hate needing keys for the track bike.
Funny how purposely slow builds never wind up going slow... and ones you try to do quickly never get done fast.

The ignition delete should be simple enough, especially if it is like the R6. For my bike there are five wires coming from the switch. Hook the two small blue ones together, and then put a switch between the two bigger red ones and ignore the third brown one. At least that is what the forums say anyways.

Yamaha doesn't use resistors in the switch like other oem's. Heck even my '98 ninja 250 uses a resistor.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-14-2013, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
And Stateside again...

Mine the big wires are Brown red and orange. The red and Orange are actually the same wire(farther down the wire).

I have the small wire crossed. need to mount a switch where the factory ignition was then wire it in and be good to go.

My GSXR was a little more difficult but once I found a diagram it was easy. I made that one all controlled off the right side Bar switch. Was great for track days.

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-17-2013, 04:42 AM
Member (Large)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLRSKUNK View Post
Mine the big wires are Brown red and orange. The red and Orange are actually the same wire(farther down the wire).

I have the small wire crossed. need to mount a switch where the factory ignition was then wire it in and be good to go.

My GSXR was a little more difficult but once I found a diagram it was easy. I made that one all controlled off the right side Bar switch. Was great for track days.
Sounds exactly like the R6. The one wire you ignore is the one that joins the other down the line.

I have a couple toggle switches laying around from when I had to hot-wire my ninja years ago when my friend owned it. It looked like shit, four toggle switches on a project box from radio shack. He had to get the "missile launcher" switch with the fancy led light and big cover. Looked ridiculous.

I do have a dead man tether style switch that I'll probably use. It's been sitting in a box forever. Looks decent and mounts to the master or clutch perch. I might wire it in for the kill switch and put the ignition on the kill switch. My bike might see some street duty, so I'd rather not have just a toggle switch.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode