My 2011 R1 - a work in progress - Page 7 - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 212 (permalink) Old 02-07-2014, 03:30 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I'm looking for good overall power and modulation, but smooth initial bite and release. I'm trying to find something with plenty of power, but easy to trail brake with.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and much more
along with
Aprilia SXV 550
KX450F

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 212 (permalink) Old 02-11-2014, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
We've got a new look, thanks to SRSignDesign.com!

and much more
along with
Aprilia SXV 550
KX450F

post #123 of 212 (permalink) Old 02-11-2014, 06:09 PM
And Stateside again...

I like it. nice and simple.

I picked up a whte tank to go with my mainly white track body work.

post #124 of 212 (permalink) Old 02-11-2014, 06:13 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks! I like it also. I was going to install some Woodcraft cut-type frame sliders that are really trick, already ordered them, but looks like I'll pursue other options.

and much more
along with
Aprilia SXV 550
KX450F

post #125 of 212 (permalink) Old 02-11-2014, 08:03 PM
And Stateside again...

I just did GB racing Case covers and skipped the Frame sliders on this bike. and not sure i'll change my mind on that.
post #126 of 212 (permalink) Old 03-11-2014, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Updated the Spiegler lines front and rear to red with black fittings, to tie the theme together a bit. Also finally got in my Dymag CA5 carbon fiber wheels.

These things are awesome. Put them on the scale, they dropped right at 10lbs over the stockers. Amazing.

and much more
along with
Aprilia SXV 550
KX450F

post #127 of 212 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 01:33 PM

That's becoming a very serious ride J...I like it.
post #128 of 212 (permalink) Old 03-13-2014, 12:16 AM

Nice! What does the scale say for curb weight?

99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
post #129 of 212 (permalink) Old 03-13-2014, 12:35 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks guys! Unfortunately, it's only capable of weighing up to 50kg. I'll put the bike back on the 1% scale used earlier at some point. It should be around 400-410lbs. back then it was 449 with stock wheels and street bodywork, along with a half stainless exhaust.

and much more
along with
Aprilia SXV 550
KX450F

post #130 of 212 (permalink) Old 03-13-2014, 01:42 AM

Sounds good! Must run like a scalded cat, lol

post #131 of 212 (permalink) Old 03-13-2014, 04:27 PM
And Stateside again...

With half a tank of fuel and Stock wheels with race bodywork I was at 420 on a certified scale at HPT. my 750 was 380.
post #132 of 212 (permalink) Old 03-13-2014, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

Garage
It's definitely got a lot of grunt!

and much more
along with
Aprilia SXV 550
KX450F

post #133 of 212 (permalink) Old 03-13-2014, 04:41 PM
And Stateside again...

That's for sure.
post #134 of 212 (permalink) Old 03-14-2014, 02:24 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Some new updates! Got in some CF air tubes for better aesthetics, strength and reduced weight. At the same time, we also installed the prototype Lacomoto carbon fairing stay, a project we've been working on for a while. Awesome piece, dropped close to a pound from the original unit (which is already magnesium).

and much more
along with
Aprilia SXV 550
KX450F

post #135 of 212 (permalink) Old 04-17-2014, 12:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Some new updates.

We installed a new YA-340 Ohlins TTX GP Shock We also equipped the shock with one of Graves' lightweight race springs.

We also got our latest batch of Superbike-Spec linkages in, so we installed a black unit on at the same time.

and much more
along with
Aprilia SXV 550
KX450F

post #136 of 212 (permalink) Old 05-14-2014, 02:05 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I've got a few bits and pieces on the way to lighten the bike up a bit. We're about to do one more test session for some new ECU stuff and finishing up suspension setup before doing a few back to back race weekends. I'm really excited to see how this bike performs this year.

and much more
along with
Aprilia SXV 550
KX450F

post #137 of 212 (permalink) Old 05-14-2014, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDMA View Post
I've got a few bits and pieces on the way to lighten the bike up a bit. We're about to do one more test session for some new ECU stuff and finishing up suspension setup before doing a few back to back race weekends. I'm really excited to see how this bike performs this year.
Beast comes to mind...thanks for keeping this thread updated.
post #138 of 212 (permalink) Old 05-14-2014, 09:24 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Hey guys,

We're toying with the idea of switching triples to mag units or some other units we've been eying. First, I thought I'd see if there's any interest in the units we have now. These retail for $920 and they are actually no longer available, being replaced with newer units that are about $100 more per set. The steering stem has an OEM Yamaha race and bearing set pressed on, with perhaps 300 miles on them.

These come with inserts to achieve 24mm, 25mm and 26mm offset.

Here are some photos of them. We'd probably want around $700 for them if we sell the set.

and much more
along with
Aprilia SXV 550
KX450F

post #139 of 212 (permalink) Old 06-02-2014, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Tuned the bike for race fuel today.

and much more
along with
Aprilia SXV 550
KX450F

Last edited by AKDMA; 06-03-2014 at 02:48 PM.
post #140 of 212 (permalink) Old 06-03-2014, 12:23 AM

wow! Practically a straight line.... do you have the torque curve, or should I say torque line? lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode